Feedback Needed My First (Possibly Only) YouTube #Shorts Video....

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I don't mind shorter vlogs/videos in general, but I have the ability to rotate my phone in my hand to view it landscape with little effort because video looks 1000 time better that way. I don't enjoy the stories feature on instagram or facebook because of that fact, which is hat Youtube is trying to emulate. Which is stupid because I don't want to have the same features on all social media.

Wait? What? We can turn the phone different directions?

Holy smokes you are right! Someone should have told Instagram and Tik-Tok plus those folks that are part flounder with their eyes stacked on on top of the other.

5067654fa08740b484e77753e2618208.png

LOOKS GOOD TO ME!

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Mrs Rider Guider just video'd me with an iPhone (in portrait by accident) pissing about on her XT. Decided to Instagram it as it sort of works on there. I don't like portrait video though. Landscape everytime.

On a side point - these 'shorts' are a bit annoying and I don't like some of the crap that hits my feed unexpectedly. Saw someones beloved pet dog get grabbed by a crocodile and eaten alive on a 'short' the other day, I'm like WTF? ... I don't want that sort of stuff autoplaying on my YT. Horrendous thing for someone to upload to be honest so I flagged it - not that it will help but I can just see some kid getting traumatised by stuff like that ... or was it just me? :eek:

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
On a side point - these 'shorts' are a bit annoying and I don't like some of the crap that hits my feed unexpectedly. Saw someones beloved pet dog get grabbed by a crocodile and eaten alive on a 'short' the other day, I'm like WTF? ...

Woah, that sounds terrible! o_O

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Wait? What? We can turn the phone different directions?

Holy smokes you are right! Someone should have told Instagram and Tik-Tok plus those folks that are part flounder with their eyes stacked on on top of the other.

View attachment 5771
LOOKS GOOD TO ME!
You are the second person in a week that has referred to people as a flounder to me with their lack of ability use their phones, hands and eyes at the same time hahahaha

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Well the little vid got 1500 ish views in under 5 days and gained me 5 new subs.
I may do the odd one as an extra vid every now and then if I can match or get more subs than that from a less than 60 second video, but it is very much a format I don't like to view, it is just too narrow.

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
You did better than me. My try at a short gained me no subs, although it got 1k views. It also completely messed up my stats, because I have a weird spike that makes comparing stats useless now.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
You did better than me. My try at a short gained me no subs, although it got 1k views. It also completely messed up my stats, because I have a weird spike that makes comparing stats useless now.
They want to push the shorts I guess so are probs doing that on purpose so we all start making them to drag folk from tiktok. I've had a few subs tell me they hate the format and the short length vids, so I don't want to annoy them by doing too many, but it is quite an easy way to drag a new audience in if you get a new bike that they are lusting after or similar!

Reactions: Drakhen99

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
They want to push the shorts I guess so are probs doing that on purpose so we all start making them to drag folk from tiktok. I've had a few subs tell me they hate the format and the short length vids, so I don't want to annoy them by doing too many, but it is quite an easy way to drag a new audience in if you get a new bike that they are lusting after or similar!

You can always uncheck the box to show it to sub feeds and homepage. That way you don't kiss if your long format subs.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I received some copyright notice about people using some of my stuff. I went to the copyright matching video, and uncheck that "allow others to sample" option, and then I reported those clips.

If they get copyright strike for it, too bad.

Personally I still don't know how these "#shorts" work but I'm not going to try them out.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts