Serious My First Close Call, I Almost Got Rear Ended On Highway!

RedRider!

RedRider! Get up that hill bro!
Jun 11, 2016
South Wales UK
I ride a
Lexmoto Diablo 125cc
Thanks mate. Healthy discussion is good for everybody.

Bon appetit :D

I knew there was my mistake along with theirs so wanted to highlight all of them.

By the way, while I was riding on same road today late in the evening, the roads were empty and I could see there were many tire marks on that road! Looks like hard braking is a regular occurrence there.

People need to pay attention same where I am from

3xTread

Wannabie Member
Aug 2, 2016
Boston, MA
I ride a
2012 Triumph Daytona
i dont think overtaking in that situation was a good idea after a merge i find that having any doubt will put u in a bad situation. try to stay away from traffic or accelerate yourself out of that situation. also that car behind u was switching lanes and that just all added up to be ur first close call. glad ur okay tho bro

CodeNameAB

Wannabie Member
Apr 29, 2016
Leuven
I ride a
Coming soon!
i dont think overtaking in that situation was a good idea after a merge i find that having any doubt will put u in a bad situation. try to stay away from traffic or accelerate yourself out of that situation. also that car behind u was switching lanes and that just all added up to be ur first close call. glad ur okay tho bro

You are right, as discussed before it was a butterfly effect of all our actions :)

NoAdventur

Wannabie Member
Mar 7, 2016
Everett, WA
I ride a
2016 Triumph Tiger 800XC
I like how you broke it down in an objective way. Instead of just bashing everyone around you and then posted it for analysis. Thanks!

Reactions: CodeNameAB

Jay Moto

Mysticmoto
Sep 1, 2016
Seattle WA
I ride a
Kawasaki 300 Ninja 2014 SE
I was not sure what really happened at that moment and why she had to brake like that! After analyzing the GoPro footage multiple times I can now point out all our mistakes. I am just glad that she didnt rear end my S1000RR! Even if I wasnt there, she would still have to brake hard to avoid rear ending that van!

Just wanted to share this to show how our seemingly irrelevant decisions can sometimes prove to be extremely important on road. Ride safe!

That is very scary I not to Highway skill yet do to what I just saw! I glad you had your head on a swivel and where able to stay safe #ridesafe!

CodeNameAB

Wannabie Member
Apr 29, 2016
Leuven
I ride a
Coming soon!
That is very scary I not to Highway skill yet do to what I just saw! I glad you had your head on a swivel and where able to stay safe #ridesafe!

Its not a skill really, just experience. With time you will get used to all this :) Ride safe.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts