MotoVlog Set up Help Needed! - Crosstour Action Cam Audio!

MachKneel

Insta : @flex_and_freedom
Mar 23, 2021
Co.Derry, Ireland
I ride a
Harley Davidson Softail 2021, Yamaha R6 2005
Hi Everyone!

I recently purchased the below;

Crosstour CT9900 Action Camera

Sena 10S Bluetooth Headset

I wish to be able to link the Camera and headset together to record head set microphone (my speech) and head set speaker volume (my friends speech) onto my Camera video audio set up. I am content on how to set up the camera/headset etc but it is just linking the two together is my issue. (not a lot of info on the Crosstour camera found online during my search).

I have seen guys using a £45 mic adaptor for Go Pros on YouTube etc that work well but I am wondering would they work as well? The slot on my action camera is a Micro USB as well so I thought perhaps?

If anyone has any expert knowledge it would be greatly appreciated! #NOOB

TIA and appreciate taking the time to read!

John

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hi John, the GoPro mic adaptor is proprietary, so will only work with GoPro cameras.
I am not familiar with the camera you have, have you checked it has an audio in? If it doesn't, you'll have to add the audio when editing which is pretty simple to do, you just need to clap three times or similar at the start to allow you to align the audio file in your editor! :)

Reactions: MachKneel

MachKneel

Mar 23, 2021
Co.Derry, Ireland
I ride a
Hi John, the GoPro mic adaptor is proprietary, so will only work with GoPro cameras.
I am not familiar with the camera you have, have you checked it has an audio in? If it doesn't, you'll have to add the audio when editing which is pretty simple to do, you just need to clap three times or similar at the start to allow you to align the audio file in your editor! :)

Hi Hippo,

Yes I have audio in via the same Micro USB port that a Go Pro uses which I suppose is why I thought it might work!

And yes I had thought about the clap method, but my headset has no way to record audio files :(

*EDIT*

I have written to Crosstour for advice but I am not hopeful! lol.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Ahh, can you connect the headset to your phone and record audio that way?

Reactions: MachKneel

MachKneel

Mar 23, 2021
Co.Derry, Ireland
I ride a
Ahh, can you connect the headset to your phone and record audio that way?

Not sure yet, Sena 10S arrives on Monday so will be more aware of its capabilities then!

We have a big bike trip hopefully happening in Scotland over the Summer and want to make sure all is ready for it! :confused:

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DR_Rides Camera Setups 26