Guide Motorcycle Filtering Tips Video Part 2

Arfa

Beginner Biker Adventures
Nov 17, 2020
London
www.beginnerbiker.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6
Hot off press is my latest riding tips video in a series on filtering (lane splitting) I've been putting together. More of an educational vid with (hopefully) some useful riding tips for those new to riding or with less experience in busy cities. Hope you like it!

As always, I really appreciate your constructive critique and feedback.

It's been put together from a load of old footage of interesting snippets I've collected over the years of riding in London. As such pictures quality is a bit variable as it covers 720p stuff off a RoadHawk and 1080p stuff off Drift Stealth 2 and Ghost X cameras. The Lego scenes were all shot at 4k on my Moto mobile phone but scaled down in post. For this vid, I'm now using a Blue Yeti microphone to improve the quality of my voice over and I've explicitly lowered backing tracks more than usual to make it stand out more.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I am so glad we can filter in the UK, you gotta read the mind of every car driver you pass though!

SweetTripl

Sweet Triple
Mar 23, 2021
United Kingdom
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple R
Hot off press is my latest riding tips video in a series on filtering (lane splitting) I've been putting together. More of an educational vid with (hopefully) some useful riding tips for those new to riding or with less experience in busy cities. Hope you like it!

As always, I really appreciate your constructive critique and feedback.

It's been put together from a load of old footage of interesting snippets I've collected over the years of riding in London. As such pictures quality is a bit variable as it covers 720p stuff off a RoadHawk and 1080p stuff off Drift Stealth 2 and Ghost X cameras. The Lego scenes were all shot at 4k on my Moto mobile phone but scaled down in post. For this vid, I'm now using a Blue Yeti microphone to improve the quality of my voice over and I've explicitly lowered backing tracks more than usual to make it stand out more.
Some great footage and examples of filtering there mate, had a little click through your channel as well. Wales video was good. Did a lot of those roads at a similar time last year!

Arfa

Nov 17, 2020
London
www.beginnerbiker.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6
Some great footage and examples of filtering there mate, had a little click through your channel as well. Wales video was good. Did a lot of those roads at a similar time last year!
Cool, glad you enjoyed them. I really need to start producing some more content, been a bit slow lately due to lockdown and some other projects.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I've never filtered on a bike. In most of the US it's not allowed, but even whenever I've been in California where you can filter I still didn't do it. Partly because a Harley touring bike is a tad large to do it on. :cool:

Arfa

Nov 17, 2020
London
www.beginnerbiker.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6
I've never filtered on a bike. In most of the US it's not allowed, but even whenever I've been in California where you can filter I still didn't do it. Partly because a Harley touring bike is a tad large to do it on. :cool:

Fair enough. TBH in the US I've only ever ridden in California, but yeah I did tame right back my filtering. Partly due to being on less familiar bikes and bigger bikes (HD Road King, Yamaha Super Tenere etc) and partly because I knew other roads users wouldn't be expecting London filtering. I similarly tone down the filtering when out of London in the UK too. Nonetheless, I was still filtering a HD Road King back across Oakland bridge into SF racing to return it to the rental shop before they shut!

Reactions: HippoDrone
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Members Vlogs 6

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts