Motorcycle Dealers - Level Of Customerservice.

MiGlyRides

Geordie-Aussie
Jan 5, 2016
Gold Coast, Queensland
I ride a
Honda CBR 500 RA & Honda MSX 125 (GROM)
I have had a really good experience with my local Honda & BMW dealer with a few things, I'm after finding out what level of service everyone else tends to get, not just people overseas but in Ozzy land too, so here's a few examples of what I feel is the main reason why I keep going back, apart from your standard customer service stuff which I'd hope ALL dealers have.

1- EVERY time I get a bike serviced I get a loan bike at no extra cost, all they ask is that you bring it back with the same amount of fuel you took it at.

2 - I got a new set of tyres put on and was given a loan bike so I could ride home to pick up my bike and then bring my bike to the dealer (work vehicle is tracked).

3 - I Bought a GROM off them and they offered for someone to come and pick me up from my home (15 mins away from dealer) so I could pick up the bike if I couldn't organise a lift myself & the GROM is on an introductory offer which means they make very little on it.

4 - I have bought 2 new bikes form this dealer and both times the fuel tank has been FULL of Premium petrol.

5 - The reason I bought a bike from them and not the other 6 dealers on the street. When I was looking with my mate, they were the ONLY one who someone actually came out and spoke to us.

I also have a good rapport with this dealer and many of it's staff so I tend to get very competitive prices without even having to haggle.

Reactions: Lurch

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
For me the main thing is 'no bull shit'

Also a free first service which pisses me when they charge way too much for an oil change basically

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I have to go to Peter Stevens. Because there is them and the Harley dealer in town.

I'm just another number to them and that's about it.

TGLambino

wows
May 21, 2016
Texas
I ride a
2003 V star 1100
I have never had a good experience with any dealer in my town. I take my bike an hour out of town to get most work done.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Experience with dealership has been so-so. Loaner bike is not always available and some are not keen to loan because of cases where the guy takes the loaner bike to another (friends) shop which they strip the good parts and replace them with damaged ones for the guy to return to the shop later. This also happens with tires. If the tires are new, they will swap out the tires with used ones (same brand/model) and return it.

Reactions: MiGlyRides

Marbro_za

Dan's princess
Mar 13, 2014
I ride a
Yamaha fz6
Wow, thats super shit of them

We have a major dealership here in SA, Cayenne.. Horrible service, People look down on you and they hide alot of costs from their sticker prices

Recently got a KTM 990, from 2 guys that used to work at Cayenne (or managed it) so wasnt expecting great service, BUT OH MY GOD,
these people followed up with everything, Arranged everything , filled up my tank, serviced the bike etc etc etc. Fire it up is the best dealership everrrrr

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I never had a super great dealer, either authorized distributors or your local small business.

They were either okay and by the books type, or just downright cheats. It's the norm here in Asia.

The best that my favourite workshops would do is if you bought new handlebars from them, and your current grips didn't fit to it due to size difference, they'd throw in a pair of generic ones for free.

Haggling for a lower price that they concede to isn't considered great customer service since it's expected anyway and they have provisioned for that.

I think the only reason I'd like going back to particular dealerships is because of the small talk I make with the mechanics, not really the business processes.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Can't grumble about the place I bought my used Sprint from.

Chain and sprockets needed replacing after 1500 miles. It's obviously a used bike, but they offered a 50:50 split and put me on a loaner while they did it. Any stuff I want from the shop I get at good discount. I'll be sticking with them.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts