Not open for further replies.

stayslinky

Wannabie Member
Jan 18, 2012
Cumbria, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
125 TMEC Enduro
Right, have been struggling to find available dates for my mod 1. But I've found one for the 15th january for my mod 1 and mod 2 on the same day. but it part of package what costs £550.

Bit of a Gamble, as I would have to lend the money off people.

should I take it? or should I just wait until am 19? (currently 17)

advice will be much appreciated :)

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
Don't take them on the same day, you will just avoid possible cancellation fees etc if you should fail.

What is your experience riding? Have you had any lessons?

Stenno

Wannabie Member
Mar 6, 2012
Surbiton, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki SV650/S
As above. Plus if you did fail, I'd hate having to pay back (extortionate) money owed for achieving nowt. Take your time and save up, it'll be more of an accomplishment that way plus you can lecture younger people when you're older ;)

LeedsRider93

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
Leeds, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Yamaha FZS600S, 2009 Daelim Roadwin Fi
I appreciate why you'd want to get both of your tests out of the way in one go, but as other people have said, you may be in a situation where module 1 is not a pass. Then you've wasted quite a bit of money.

Unfortunately time is not on your side :?

Hope it all goes well whatever you decide to do :)

Rhydian

Wannabie Member
Aug 16, 2012
I ride a
Suzuki Bandit S 600
Do not rush into anything, however you may have a problem if your cbt was to expire before taking your test at 19.

stayslinky

Wannabie Member
Jan 18, 2012
Cumbria, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
125 TMEC Enduro
JollyRoger said:
What is your experience riding?
Not much... october 2011 to july 2012 on my moped and from july to now on my 125.

SeagullBiker said:
How far away is the next DSA test centre? May be worth checking their schedule
Don't have a clue, I've look around but can't seem to find anything must be miles away.

Rhydian said:
Do not rush into anything, however you may have a problem if your cbt was to expire before taking your test at 19.
Unfortunately it runs out october this year.

Thanks for everybodys comments :D
But, I've decide just to wait until am 19, but didn't really have a choice tho, at least I'll have 6 months left on my theory. :)

Skully521

Wannabie Member
Dec 17, 2012
West Midlands
I ride a
Honda Bros 650
the mod 1 is only £15 compared to the £70 or so of the mod 2. so yer do you want to risk it. Id say the mod 1 was the hardest for me. also its not much of how long youve been riding but how many miles youve got under your belt. it might be worth you going on the new system if it gets you on a 45hp bike. 33 isnt really enough especially on a motorway where a group of bikes like to do 80mph.

Grandsatsuma

Wannabie Member
Sep 8, 2012
Hertfordshire
I ride a
Pulse Adrenaline 125
Skully521 said:
33 isnt really enough especially on a motorway where a group of bikes like to do 80mph.
So you are saying a 33hp bike will struggle 80 on a motorway? My 11hp 125 easily does 75 :|

Rhydian

Wannabie Member
Aug 16, 2012
I ride a
Suzuki Bandit S 600
Grandsatsuma said:
Skully521 said:
33 isnt really enough especially on a motorway where a group of bikes like to do 80mph.
So you are saying a 33hp bike will struggle 80 on a motorway? My 11hp 125 easily does 75 :|

All depends on how the bike is using the power, and how much mass the engine has to pull.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
Rhydian said:
Grandsatsuma said:
Skully521 said:

All depends on how the bike is using the power, and how much mass the engine has to pull.

My bandit would sit at 80 happily, and that was sluggish for a 33bhp bike, don't worry :)

withabitofginger

Wannabie Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mansfield Notts, uk
I ride a
Ducati diavel carbon black
I'm in agreement with most on here... Don't do both in the same day, I did my tests a week apart (14thand 21st July) least you have time to reschedule mod 2 if things go tits up on the mod one....

Little story for you....
My brother and I both used the same riding school, my brother was told he was very ready... They actually gave him £50 back as they said there is nothing more they could teach him.
They did nothing like that for me.
He failed his mod 2, I passed mine with only 2 minors...

So as confident as you may feel, booking both in the same day is not a good idea.

On the other note, I had a Honda nsr125 which would happily cruise at 70+ on dual carriageways... So I'm sure a 33bhp would do it fine too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts