LUBE THE LINES

EN187

Wannabie Member
Mar 31, 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.youtube.com
I ride a
03 Z1000
I have never lubed my lines until last year, definitely smoother and helps the line from snapping from being too old and dry.

EN187, your channel trailer is awesome!
Hahah thanks man, I tried to mash up some funny stuff to keep it entertaining, I will have to make a version 2 :) Imah go sub your channel now! N yeah lube made a massive difference. I just got this bike last year 1/2 way through the season, noticed a little then compared to bikes I had in the past, but after winter is was def worse.

Reactions: ToastToGo

alchemy69

Wannabie Member
Mar 15, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZS1000 Fazer
Any recommendations for cable lube itself? I just used general purpose oil (the stuff that comes in a tin with a tiny nozzle). Seems to work ok but I think it may need some more lube time.

MrFalloffalot

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2013
Alpha Centuri
I ride a
1983 Kwacka z750 'Scrapheap', +16 more 'Toys'...
I use CRC/WD40/Silicin Lube in a spray can stuff. Works fine for me, i think the recommended is 'Sewing machine oil', its one of the most lightest weight oils out there. Where as CRC etc, can almost wash away with water.
But all the Cable Lubers u can buy, adapt in with the CRC extender tube/nozzle.

BEST thing i bought, $9.99 ish. lasts FOREVER. Prior to that was the Cnr of a plastic bag and an elastic band. Poke cable thru cnr of bag feed back till you have a resevour, then tighten seal with Elastic band.

Check this Googs image search, itll have the Plastic bag bodgy and the Luber tools.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...TDYv-8QXwzoKwCw&ved=0CEgQsAQ&biw=1257&bih=694

> : )

Reactions: janx101

janx101

Thinking is optional !
Sep 4, 2013
Illawarra Region, NSW, Australia
I ride a
Suzuki GS500F
Mmm yeah ... Depending on environment you ride in most? .... If it's really dusty/dirty MX type work... Try and avoid an oil .. Cos it will get stuck in the oily ends and make muddy oily crap.... Silicon spray/fluid or Teflon powder would be good.... But they do wash away a bit quicker in wet... There is a waxy cable lube block thing too I think?

Road riding not as critical....

Also depends on how dedicated you want to be.... Eventually lube may build up with dust/grit etc and gum it up again.... Getting the old crap outta there is just as important as fresh stuff in I think?!

alchemy69

Wannabie Member
Mar 15, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZS1000 Fazer
I am a fucking idiot. My clutch cable is teflon lined, found that out the hard way when the oil I pumped down there disintegrated the liner. Cable's fucked, time to replace.

PSA: DONT USE OIL/OIL BASED LUBES ON TEFLON LINED CABLES

Reactions: EN187 and janx101

CBRHoonigan

#1 Hoonigan
Apr 20, 2014
West yorkshire uk
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Anything with 2 wheels, ride it like you stole it.
Best i have seen is made by rockoil they do a full kit with the cable lube and the little connection for the end of the cable to forcelube down the line
Cheap and easy and alot less messier than just trying to force it haha

Bobs your teapot

Reactions: EN187

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts