Lets Discuss...what Could Have Been Avoided Here?

Marbro_za

Dan's princess
Mar 13, 2014
I ride a
Yamaha fz6
Just by the by... You guys see her foot

Its , like...... Not connected properly anymore

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Wow, the copyright thieves didn't mess about wasting time with that one did they?

SteinerOTR

Wannabie Member
Jul 19, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki
pretty sure the foot was reattached. as far as it's usefullness is a different matter but she likely pulled through.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
The bigger the group the more the rules of the road need to be adhered to. See it in vids all the time, things like people crossing solid lines. Pack mentality means people will follow and copy.

Unfortunately, I have witnessed the pack mentality. It is like the riders are thinking, "How dare this cager try to interrupt my group."

Then the road rage starts to simmer.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I know that we like to have fun and capture on camera but would it not be possible to find some less populated areas to misbehave on?

Another thought could be to have scouts go ahead and block the intersection being used. It was clear the wheelie had a camera, the poster had one, the rider with the gal appears to have one too. So why not plan ahead for the shot and go quasi Hollywood?

Seeing footage like that makes me worry about how the non-riding public perceives us. We do not need more laws or regs but that will happen like with shooting footage with drones.

Then there is the dad in me . . .had that been my daughter, someone would need more than crutches and rehab when I got done with them.

Lucky she did not severe an artery and bleed out on the spot.

Sucks folks started to get a little panicky, the patient does not need to hear all that.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Just hit me that the one shooting the footage seemed to be very concerned with going back and making sure he got the helmet positioned to capture the effects of the injury.

Seems a bit disrespectful to the patient at that point vs. rendering aid, calling for assistance, or just securing the scene for traffic.

Motorpsych

Wannabie Member
Feb 27, 2016
Japan, near Tokyo
I ride a
Honda VTR250
I saw this video all over my Instagram and Youtube feeds. I cringe every time. Most of the fault lies with the rider. But the driver should have been more alert. Here in Japan, the driver would still be about 20% responsible and the insurance companies would make him/his company pay for 20% of total damages and expenses. At least that's what happened to me when I got hit from the rear/side in a car, just because I was also moving. If o was completely at a stand still then it would've been 100% the other guys fault.
I feel sorry for the girl. Hoping they make a full recovery.

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.
The guy looks like he was wearing body armour (viewing the slow mo)? Wont save the rest of his body from that impact/road rash...

But his girl? NO protection whatsoever, wearing little infact. From that perspective, quoting the screenshot, posted by dandoolittle...
"Dude never cared about his woman to begin with". :(

Reactions: Sidewinder

AltimKing

06' The only real Ninja
Sep 27, 2016
Switzerland
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R 06'
No Protective gear :/ running wheelis on street. Running Wheelies through red light... thats why people die

BehindBars

bikes <3
Sep 14, 2016
Buckinghamshire, UK
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki ER-6F
The guy looks like he was wearing body armour

Seeing people wear that 'armour' bugs me. It's made for mountainbiking and/or motocross, mostly to protect from roost (mud/rocks flung from riders in front) and bumps at lower speeds. It serves no purpose on a road bike, and certainly doesn't protect from road rash. It's no substitute for leathers with armour made and tested for motorcycle use.

Who cares if it's hot, being warm in the proper gear is a lot more comfortable than a skin graft.

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.
Seeing people wear that 'armour' bugs me. It's made for mountainbiking and/or motocross, mostly to protect from roost (mud/rocks flung from riders in front) and bumps at lower speeds. It serves no purpose on a road bike, and certainly doesn't protect from road rash. It's no substitute for leathers with armour made and tested for motorcycle use.

Who cares if it's hot, being warm in the proper gear is a lot more comfortable than a skin graft.

Watching the slomo its difficult to tell if her foot got ripped off at the time of impact with the car, or upon impact with the ground (but as it was her left leg, which was the side the car hit, more likely at that point).

Could proper biking boots have helped prevent that injury?

The guy actually carried out a near textbook roll over his back, probably done that a few times!!! :D I'd say the body armour in this case helped cushion his landing...

Alot of deaths also occur where the rider goes straight into the side of a car, body keeps travelling, head first, resulting in fatal head/neck trauma. The Two in this video were fortunate from that point of view, as the impact occurred on the front wing, hence they cleared the car relatively intact.

Redbeardsv

Wannabie Member
Sep 26, 2016
Portland, Oregon
I ride a
2005 sv650s
Could have been avoided for sure. This is when the general public says motorcycles are dangerous when in fact the danger can be mitigated by the rider being inteligent. Prime example of somebody not caring about the safety of those around them

TWAAP

TwoWheelsAndAPonytail
Oct 28, 2016
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Husqvarna Nuda 900 & Yamaha SZR 660
Lurch, how do you put you're YouTube link under you're message.

Right down here:

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts