Rogentx

Wannabie Member
Jun 22, 2012
California
www.youtube.com
I ride a
New Bike: 2003 Honda CBR600
Old Bike: 2005 Yamaha YZF600
I didn't know where to put this topic so hopefully the mods won't mind me putting it in here. I was thinking of getting a laptop not solely for just uploading videos once I am blogging, but overall just a decent one. What would be the best one to get?

thunderous71

Daddy
Aug 4, 2011
Surrey
www.thunderous71.com
I ride a
Mt-09
There is no best one, look at how much money you can spare then start narrowing it down. Be honest with what you want to achieve with the laptop. IE games, work etc.. Then make sure it has the components you require. Updating a laptops hardware is costly so list all the components you need before choosing.

Then its off to the internet to start searching. Everyone has their favourite maker / dealer.

Word of advice make sure it has HDMI connection, so you can plug it into a TV and watch all those move sites etc on a big screen :)

Rogentx

Wannabie Member
Jun 22, 2012
California
www.youtube.com
I ride a
New Bike: 2003 Honda CBR600
Old Bike: 2005 Yamaha YZF600
Thank you for the replies so far. The lappie would be mainly for me just to upload videos, watch videos, mess around on the internet, etc. Not really play games on it since I have this computer I am on now; My concern is because it is older, I wouldn't be able to upload any blogs to youtube.

Well that and I can bring it to work with me for those slow nights :D

SwearingMuffin

Wannabie Member
Jun 7, 2012
Portsmouth, UK
I ride a
Pulse Adrenaline 125
As DigitalPursuit said, for editing etc it all comes down to processor and ram, you won't need to worry about graphics cards etc either something with second gen Intel I3 or first gen I5 or higher would be brilliant! And 4gb ram or higher :p I would say go on your main PC Superstore website (over here its PC World) and fill in the search options like max price, min ram etc and see what you can get for your money and then go from there :)
On the upload side, that's mainly what your upload speed on your internet is like!

Footle83

Wannabie Member
Mar 30, 2012
Liphook, Hampshire
www.footlevision.weebly.com
I ride a
2011 Yamaha YZF R125 Blue/BLA 6/11 - 8/12
2007 Suzuki SV 650S Custom paint 10/12 - Present
1994 CB500 "The Medic" Woodland Camo (Custom) 12/12 - Present
thunderous71 said:
Word of advice make sure it has HDMI connection, so you can plug it into a TV and watch all those move sites etc on a big screen :)

Agreed, Watching vlogs on a 37" is much better than a laptop screen, especially in HD. I have an alienware m11x and its good allround. I use it for editing, uploading, office work, Web browsing and of course gaming. The only thing mine doesn't have is an optical disk drive however in this day and age alot of programs and music and such can be purchased online. Plus I could just get an external drive. :)

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Asus G-Series if you can shell out the coin, hands down. My wife's G60 is an absolute beast! It has yet to even flinch at anything I've thrown at it.

However, there are some downsides. It burns through battery at an alarming rate, and weighs as much as a small house.

But, it plays games cranked right up, and makes short work of rendering. CAD works like butter on it.

She's a photographer, so she wanted the horsepower for some high end software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts