Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdman1277

Wannabie Member
Aug 7, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Klr650
I use this camera as my main vlogging camera right now.

Pros: Creates pretty good image quality
Audio quality is pretty decent for what it is. Also has an external mic option which could be nice for some.
Battery life seems to be pretty good
You can get them for fairly cheap if you look around
720p 60fps and 1080p @ 30fps

Cons: Pretty large for an in helmet cam setup
Only records in .mov format
Editing software that is comes with is pretty limited, It allows for quick cuts but that is about it.

My setup is the easy....All i did is pop the thing in my helmet and it balances against the face shield and the bottom lip of my full face helmet. Overall I don't think I would really suggest this set up to anyone who likes their nose. It can be a little tight:) Or....maybe my nose is just huge.

I think you could use this very well for a 2nd POV. It has a standard mount on the bottom so it can mount up to most available mounts.

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
.mov is best file to edit with !! on macs

lauriejennifer

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Kawasaki KLX330sm * Keen BadBoy CX50 * Kawasaki ER-6n
ariderslife said:

+1

I'm still using my original old school Fuji Finepix. In the market for an upgrade (besides my Contour... something with in-helmet audio). Thanks for the review!

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
ariderslife said:

I use .mov on pc and never had any trouble .avi is the one to avoid

Birdman1277

Wannabie Member
Aug 7, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Klr650
I haven't been able to find anything on PC to edit it very well:(

I tried Adobe premiere but the output file is HUGEEEE. I think it went from 300 megs worth of clips to like 7 gigs. I guess I just have to play with my settings. I am pretty new to editing.

lauriejennifer

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Kawasaki KLX330sm * Keen BadBoy CX50 * Kawasaki ER-6n
I use both a "souped up" iMac and an inexpensive $300 netbook (massive difference, I know). I have had no real issues with either .AVI or .MOV. I use an equal mix of both file types and with both computers. The only issue I have with .MOV is that it won't play well on my little netbook, as no HD of any kind will. Ergo, editing an .MOV file takes centuries.

Programs used on the li'l netbook:
-Windows Movie Maker
-VideoPad

Programs used on the iMac:
-iMovie
-Final Cut

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Birdman1277 said:
I am pretty new to editing.

At college i have use final cut pro, imovie, after effects, the list goes on, but i can't edit my vlogs at college so have to put up with movie maker and lightworks (which i hate), it does my head in knowing how to edit but the software i have at home is crap

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
lauriejennifer said:
Programs used on the li'l netbook:
-Windows Movie Maker
-VideoPad

Just got the VideoPad free trail, love it, definatly ordering this tomorow

Birdman1277

Wannabie Member
Aug 7, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Klr650
I will have to check out the Videopad program - I have never heard of it before you mentioned it. Maybe that will make my editing a little easier:)

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Birdman1277 said:
I will have to check out the Videopad program - I have never heard of it before you mentioned it. Maybe that will make my editing a little easier:)

its seems quite good, its cheap as well

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
just made this quickly as a test after only using it for half an hour, its so easy to use compared to lightworks [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oQl4zKxU9w[/youtube]

XXX526

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Missouri
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
I have the Zi8 and use Windows Movie Maker, primarily because I don't have the time, patience or desire to spend money on an editing program. :lol:

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
XXX526 said:
I have the Zi8 and use Windows Movie Maker, primarily because I don't have the time, patience or desire to spend money on an editing program. :lol:

not a bad little edit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts