United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
HI All

I've removed the 'recent' topics bit off the home page for the moment. Although it is nice and handy, it was chucking out some weird requests to a third party website.

Also, because it's outdated, it's causing some issues with how the site sits in Google etc

It will be coming back but in the next few days, maybe a week :)

Bloodkraze

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
I ride a
2006 Triumph Rocket III
Darn, that's where I see everything! Well at least tapatalk sorts everything pretty well. Glad to see how quickly you've jumped on fixing up the site.

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Bloodkraze said:
Darn, that's where I see everything! Well at least tapatalk sorts everything pretty well. Glad to see how quickly you've jumped on fixing up the site.

It's all about getting people to the site and keeping the spam away ;)

It looks like the site is running that little bit quicker already. Once I've sorted the recent topic thing out, i'll be all over it

Shirou

京平
Sep 20, 2013
Argentina
I ride a
Honda XR250 Tornado
Ninja EX250J
So it was you!.
I was replying to a topic, completely inspired and got my wall of text, submitted it and... 404, the thread doesn't exist.

Tippy tip!
If it's possible, add a feature that takes care of the submited text, even if an error happens so it won't go to trash.

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Shirou said:
So it was you!.
I was replying to a topic, completely inspired and got my wall of text, submitted it and... 404, the thread doesn't exist.

Tippy tip!
If it's possible, add a feature that takes care of the submited text, even if an error happens so it won't go to trash.

The submitted text? WHen did you get a 404 as I don't recall the site being down

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
I actually never liked that recent topics window, I found it somewhat useless. I always just use the "view active topics" button. Much bigger viewing area to see more recent posts.

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
ToastToGo said:
I actually never liked that recent topics window, I found it somewhat useless. I always just use the "view active topics" button. Much bigger viewing area to see more recent posts.

I've noticed that some people are actually going into forums and replying random posts. The other day, they just replied to the 'recent posts'

The main reason for ditching it for the moment is because its out dated. I have some fancy tool that tells what what files are doing, the recent posts 'mod' was pinging some strange websites (more server load) - Also, causing every post (that goes through it) to show up twice in Google.

Google hates duplicate content etc

I'll work around it, I may move to vbuletin but lets see

It's not just what I want, but what you guys want - It's a great little community but I can bring in so much more :)

janx101

Thinking is optional !
Sep 4, 2013
Illawarra Region, NSW, Australia
I ride a
Suzuki GS500F
oh .. you moved it... thats ok then... thought i was gone funny in the skull again! .. :lol:

truth be told i usually click on active topics button on top left ... just noticed that the arrows thingy was playing up the recent and thought i'd mention it really ..

no biggie eh! :D

hang on .. did you just kill the active topics button also? .. noooooooooOOO!!!! .. thats means more clicking to find whats happening .. i'll get distracted by a .............. :shock: :roll:

.. umm thingy .... and forget to finish looking for my carkeys.. where are those damn keys ... under the keyboard?... no.... they should be there.. its called a KEY board ... :| ;) :lol:

Shirou

京平
Sep 20, 2013
Argentina
I ride a
Honda XR250 Tornado
Ninja EX250J
I'm completely lost now. I cannot even find the post about the kitchens anymore.
And there is no search?
I want to report that the report button gives 404's

Wow!, this text is still here after getting a 404!, if somebody actually did this in purpose, thanks!

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Shirou said:
I'm completely lost now. I cannot even find the post about the kitchens anymore.
And there is no search?
I want to report that the report button gives 404's

Wow!, this text is still here after getting a 404!, if somebody actually did this in purpose, thanks!

Search is the menu?

Report button is working again

janx101

Thinking is optional !
Sep 4, 2013
Illawarra Region, NSW, Australia
I ride a
Suzuki GS500F
When I log in .. First page refresh I get the active topics button.... Then not again till I log out and log in again?

Just sayin again... I'm getting used to this manual labour searching now ;)

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
That recent Topics window was useless anyway. So long as the view unread posts button never leaves you can nuke the active whatever too. I only need to see things that I haven't seen before, I don't see a point in scrolling past crap I've already read. If I need something old, well there's a search button for that.

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
New site that has far better feeds and recent topics will be live within 10 days

The forum will be closed for 12 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts