Is there a best bike for motovlogging?

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
In answer to the original question though - from an audio perspective - a bike with a big touring screen will be best as wind noise is only a tiny fraction of what it is otherwise.

Yes I own a naked bike. But only it's because it's a great bike ! :)

From a video perspective it doesn't matter - the challenge is in finding good mounting points for cameras.

Reactions: YBGuy and Drakhen99

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
In answer to the original question though - from an audio perspective - a bike with a big touring screen will be best as wind noise is only a tiny fraction of what it is otherwise.

Yes I own a naked bike. But only it's because it's a great bike ! :)

From a video perspective it doesn't matter - the challenge is in finding good mounting points for cameras.
Although not for everyone, a good quiet closed faced helmet helps a lot too when on a bike with no windscreen.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
From a demographic POV, HD all the way. If you're a chick, doubly so. Just saying as a matter of observation.

From a functional aspect, I don't think it makes much difference.

Oh man, I'mma catch some flack for this, but Meg's Motorcycle Journey [local to me] put out a video yesterday complaining about a lack of growth... like seriously, if I had 20k subs, I would NOT be bitching about wanting or needing to buy a new mic or camera to make better videos. Like holy crap, talk about privileged. See what I've spent to make the videos I make, then get on my level.

-John

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Oh man, I'mma catch some flack for this, but Meg's Motorcycle Journey [local to me] put out a video yesterday complaining about a lack of growth... like seriously, if I had 20k subs, I would NOT be bitching about wanting or needing to buy a new mic or camera to make better videos. Like holy crap, talk about privileged.
I saw that video, I was dumbfounded by it. Women motovloggers have no idea what "difficult" really means, YouTube heavily favors women over men today.

Thankfully I don't care much about how "successful" my channel is, I try to grow it purely as a personal challenge and a hobby, but Meg has had extreme success from my point of view and I have zero idea what she was complaining about in that vid. I mean I can think of a couple dozen other motovloggers who produce MUCH better content than she does yet have a fraction of her subs or views. She's had huge success as a motovlogger. :confused:

Maybe that's an interesting point for this thread's topic: the choice of bike itself matters less than the thumbnails for channel growth, and this is one reason why women have a distinct edge over men when motovlogging.

I might catch some flack along with Drakhen for saying that, but statistically and empirically it does seem to be the case!

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I saw that video, I was dumbfounded by it. Women motovloggers have no idea what "difficult" really means, YouTube heavily favors women over men today.

Thankfully I don't care much about how "successful" my channel is, I try to grow it purely as a personal challenge and a hobby, but Meg has had extreme success from my point of view and I have zero idea what she was complaining about in that vid. I mean I can think of a couple dozen other motovloggers who produce MUCH better content than she does yet have a fraction of her subs or views. She's had huge success as a motovlogger. :confused:

Maybe that's an interesting point for this thread's topic: the choice of bike itself matters less than the thumbnails for channel growth, and this is one reason why women have a distinct edge over men when motovlogging.

I might catch some flack along with Drakhen for saying that, but statistically and empirically it does seem to be the case!

Yup, 100% agreed. Also, given her view counts, I'm shocked she wasn't able to filter a few hundred bucks into some gear... like, really?

On a side note, I left a comment on her vid [not hating] and either she or YT deleted it. It wasn't there the next morning, so I'm not sure what happened to it.

-John

Reactions: YBGuy

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
Oh man, I'mma catch some flack for this, but Meg's Motorcycle Journey [local to me] put out a video yesterday complaining about a lack of growth... like seriously, if I had 20k subs, I would NOT be bitching about wanting or needing to buy a new mic or camera to make better videos. Like holy crap, talk about privileged. See what I've spent to make the videos I make, then get on my level.

-John
LOL!!! No way are you getting flack from me. I agree with you. People that have 20k subs or any level of subs should not be complaining for that matter. I'm a sub 1k channel, and I bet I have spent more money on bike stuff (not that it matters just saying) than they have. Shoot, I have spent $3,000 on helmets alone. LOL.

Last edited:

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
LOL!!! No way are you getting flack from me. I agree with you. People that have 20k subs or any level of subs should not be complaining for that matter. I'm a sub 1k channel, and I bet I have spent more money on bike stuff (not that it matters just saying) than they have. Shoot, I have spent $3,000 on helmets alone. LOL.
Ok, I digress a bit, I just watched that video and that lady has a ton of bikes (Megs Motorcycle Journey).

Reactions: Drakhen99

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
Yup, 100% agreed. Also, given her view counts, I'm shocked she wasn't able to filter a few hundred bucks into some gear... like, really?

On a side note, I left a comment on her vid [not hating] and either she or YT deleted it. It wasn't there the next morning, so I'm not sure what happened to it.

-John
I feel sometimes YouTube itself eats comments. Sometimes my buddies leave comments on my vids and they ask if I deleted the comments, but I never even saw their comment the first time. Hmmm....

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a

Yup - the ones who blew up fast, they never had to struggle, and at the slightest bump in the road, they bail or b***h.

Ok, I digress a bit, I just watched that video and that lady has a ton of bikes (Megs Motorcycle Journey).

I think she and her husband have 3 or 4 bikes... so, not sure if that's a "ton" per se, but they're Harleys, so probably a ton ;)

I feel sometimes YouTube itself eats comments. Sometimes my buddies leave comments on my vids and they ask if I deleted the comments, but I never even saw their comment the first time. Hmmm....

Yeah, I've seen this before. I get an email notification of a new comment and POOF - it's gone when I go to see it.

-John

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Okay, maybe not a ton but that garage! It looks huge! The type of house that would have garage like that would easily be a 3+ million dollar house.

OOOHhhhhhh, yeah, that's not their house I don't think. I'm pretty sure I caught somewhere in her video or the comments that they were at a local shop to fix her jiffy stand.

-John

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
OOOHhhhhhh, yeah, that's not their house I don't think. I'm pretty sure I caught somewhere in her video or the comments that they were at a local shop to fix her jiffy stand.

-John
AAhah, that makes more sense that it is a shop and not a massive home garage. Not that they or us would mind having a massive home garage. Plus if they had primary income making that kind of money to have a home garage like that, she probably would not be complaining about here lack of funds or views from her channel.

Reactions: Drakhen99

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Yeah what a whinger.
There are a huge number of idiot blokes out there who think because they ride a bike, every female rider must want to, umm get biblical, with them.

So female motovloggers have it easier I think.
Especially some who wear skimpy gear while "working" on their bikes.

Pretty sure that wouldn't work for me. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Drakhen99 and YBGuy

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Yeah what a whinger.
There are a huge number of idiot blokes out there who think because they ride a bike, every female rider must want to, umm get biblical, with them.

So female motovloggers have it easier I think.
Especially some who wear skimpy gear while "working" on their bikes.

Pretty sure that wouldn't work for me. :)
SmartSelect_20211108-092700_Chrome.jpg

UncleL

Uncle LongBeard
Feb 29, 2020
Midlands, UK
I ride a
HD, W800, RE
From a demographic POV, HD all the way. If you're a chick, doubly so. Just saying as a matter of observation.

From a functional aspect, I don't think it makes much difference.
HD - I guess only if you are in the states. Otherwise not so much... Most likely GS is more popular elsewhere.
In theory the bike like Guzzi v85tt should be good as it will be tolerable to v2 cruiser guys and also OK to GS people :D But that is theory and in practice it's your own charisma which counts the most. Or eventually what is important (and that is in fact really important at least for a moment) - which bike name you put in the title of your video. The more popular model - the better result. Of course you need to ride that bike at the time as you'll only get thumbs down otherwise. There is just one problem with that tactics though - after 10 videos ish it stops working as with every new video you need to fight with your own videos to get through the YT algorithm.

mymotorrad

Wannabie Member
Mar 26, 2021
Fountain Hills AZ
www.mymotorrad.com
I ride a
2009 R1200RT
HD - I guess only if you are in the states. Otherwise not so much... Most likely GS is more popular elsewhere.
In theory the bike like Guzzi v85tt should be good as it will be tolerable to v2 cruiser guys and also OK to GS people :D But that is theory and in practice it's your own charisma which counts the most. Or eventually what is important (and that is in fact really important at least for a moment) - which bike name you put in the title of your video. The more popular model - the better result. Of course you need to ride that bike at the time as you'll only get thumbs down otherwise. There is just one problem with that tactics though - after 10 videos ish it stops working as with every new video you need to fight with your own videos to get through the YT algorithm.
Anecdotally, IDK. I think HDs and chicks draw a lot more than others, all things being equal, meaning charisma or not and video/audio/content quality. Part of it is thumbnail too and I'd bet there is AI done on what's said, but it's just my observation.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts