Intro For Critique (a.k.a. Are Most Intros Too Long And Do We Even Need Them?)

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I personally don't like teasers unless it is a funny part that would need explaining by watching the rest of the vid
I too start to dislike series even, when they start putting clips from beginning episode, before it really starts.

Reactions: HippoDrone

pimp

Wannabie Member
Apr 17, 2015
Llanelli Wales UK
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple R 2012
To do a proper nice pro intro take a lot of effort resource and time, and the majority of time if its not topical to the video, viewers tend to skip it anyway. I have started just cut straight to a brief clip of something interesting, then fade into a brief 5-10 second theme tune shot of your logo to create a hook, then cut back to the conclusion that you showed your audience.

If you look at the best vloggers out there, they are not that flash. they are just good at setting up audience anticipation thro story telling. creating suspense, intruige etc. that way out trumps any special effects in a protracted, and irrelevant intro.

My opinion anyway. Please dont think I am happy with my intros tho. lol.

Apr 6, 2018
What do you guys think? I suppose marketing experts might say there's less brand recognition without a dedicated intro? Anway, keen on your thoughts with this intro as I'd like to know if I'm barking up the right tree or not.

As a marketer, I'd say, no. YOU are the brand. There's less brand recognition without you. The more you, the more brand. The less intro = the more you, because the less intro = more time for you... and you're the brand. YOU'RE THE BRAND! lol

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
@RuckinScot
I think 10 seconds is good to shoot for, mine is about 13 seconds, 15 with it fading into the actual video. I read on a few forums that you want it below 10 but I figured since I felt mine was interesting that it wouldnt be an immediate turn off to the viewer.
I really want to try and get an intro down to about 5 seconds

Reactions: RuckinScot

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I used to start with my 7-8 second intro for my first vids. It's short, sweet, and to the point. But later I found it worked better to start with a teaser before the intro. I could be a key sentence I said during the vlog to grab the viewer's attention, or a purposely recorded teaser telling in just a few seconds what the video will be about. Then my intro, and then into the actual content.

I tried that a couple of times, but i don't really notice any big difference statistically speaking.
So i am starting to believe it doens't really matter.

Me personally i also don't really like it, because i have to wait for the intro to start playing before i can skip it ;)

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I tend to keep (as many here) with the 5 sec = max for intro rule.
I skip most intro's that are longer than that.

My own intro is 5,8 secs, just because it fitted better with the video, and i always merge the beginning of the vlog into the intro, shortening it a bit.
I have tried to up the speed by 1.1, but timewise it doesn't really make a noticeable difference, but you can hear it in the audio (or atleast, i can)

TSR

TheSurreyRider
May 3, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson Nightster
Mine is about 3 seconds lon. It's my logo expanding to a motorcycle engine audio track. Not imaginative but clean and simple

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts