Not open for further replies.

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Oh my... I just watched the footage back from my 1st ride with the GoPro HD (I got the 1st generation HD one), I thought that the footage would be pretty good... but I can't believe how good it is! Watching it back on my computer, it is just fantastic. So far I've only seen the videos of it on YouTube and they are just not the same as what it's like to watch as a raw file, amazing.

At 70mph it looks like you're doing over 100mph haha, I'll upload some of the footage when I get my jaw off the ground. I'm sure all HD helmet cams are good, but this is my first try with one, and I'm happy :)

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
gpzDave said:
Oh my... I'll upload some of the footage when I get my jaw off the ground.

This made me laugh pretty hard i must admit haha, Yea it is quality footage, what cam have you got then?

960 or full 1080?

does the cam pick up your sound well?

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
It's the 1080p version, but I don't think I will be using the 1080p mode very often because I prefer the 720p mode's 170 degree field of view. (I like to have the option though)

The sound is ok, I had the waterproof 'back-door' on it which apparently reduces the sound quality somewhat. I have ordered a good sound recorder and mic so that I can still do a commentary, hopefully it will be a better setup than the Bloggie, with my helmet anyway the sound was dreadful once I got over 40mph.

The sound recorder should arrive on Monday, I'm looking forward to getting under way :D

DRider

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2011
Workington, Cumbria, England
I ride a
Currently:

Honda CB500 Cup 1997
Suzuki GSX600F 2000
Honda CB650 Nighthawk SOHC 1982

Previously:

Yamaha Virago XV535 1989
Suzuki 125 VL Intruder V-Twin 2004
To be honest, I'm really pleased with your video quality this far anyway, so if it's going to improve even further, then that's fantastic! :D I look forward to seeing some new videos! :D How much exactly did the GoPro HD cost?

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
DRider said:
To be honest, I'm really pleased with your video quality this far anyway

Thank you that's good to hear, but I really wanted a camera with a wide angle lens for my motorcycle videos. I use a Panasonic handheld camera for non-onboard stuff that I've had for a year and I like it a lot.

DRider said:
How much exactly did the GoPro HD cost?

New on eBay for £185 + £9.99 delivery, it was the 'Motorsports' one so it came with a load of mounts and gubbins. I had to get a 16GB SDHC card that was about £11, and the sound recorder and mic was about £45 used. Though a POV1.5 HD system is about £400 so it's pretty good value when you look at it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CollingsB Camera Setups 32
G Camera Setups 11

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts