Ideas for a 4 video challenge starting in Spring 2024 please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hi all, the forum is very quiet as it usually is this time of year, so I was thinking if we bashed our heads together now, we could hit the ground running come spring time, or another suitable date for those with longer winters where they can't ride.

Anyhows, suggestions please for a 4 video challenge series to have a bit of fun, promote the forum and also scratch each others backs a bit by promoting each other etc.

It will be open to all members new and old, so those of you who lurk but want to get involved, please add your suggestions down below. If we get a lame response, I'll assume no one is interested and I'll drop the idea.

GO....

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
An example could be introduce a channel / member of the forum and suggest why your subscribers should follow them. Also mention the forum in the video and maybe this challenge series.

Reactions: LimeyRider

LimeyRider

Wannabie Member
Jan 3, 2023
Fleet
I ride a
Yamaha YBR Custom and a Suzuki SV650 - Toying with a Triumph of some sort, undecided as of yet.
Think there's potential for this to be a good series! I'll have a think :D

Reactions: HippoDrone

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
If this would be just a challenge, and not necessarily a competition, One idea would be to try to, not re-create, but rather make your own version, of a recent (debatable) video of a fellow forum user. As this is a series of challenges, this would mean different source/creator of original inspiration video each time.
The downside is, that a lot of us make videos that sort of bleed in to each others favorite themes a little, so not sure how much of a challenge that is going to be necessarily. Challenge would be more taking us out from our comfort zone, and make us try something a little different.

Slorida

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2023
Oldham
I ride a
Honda CBR500R, Honda NC750S and Triumph Sprint ST1050.
If this would be just a challenge, and not necessarily a competition, One idea would be to try to, not re-create, but rather make your own version, of a recent (debatable) video of a fellow forum user. As this is a series of challenges, this would mean different source/creator of original inspiration video each time.
The downside is, that a lot of us make videos that sort of bleed in to each others favorite themes a little, so not sure how much of a challenge that is going to be necessarily. Challenge would be more taking us out from our comfort zone, and make us try something a little different.

I had a thought along those lines. I wasn't quite sure how it would work.

Another thought was to visit another vloggers neck of the woods, maybe a spot they regularly go to or something, meet up not required. Again, not sure how that would work. Maybe each of us can, if we wish, suggest some places to find/visit and other go out to find/visit them? Bonus smugness for long rides. This might not work so well in larger countries.

I'll keep thinking of ideas though, maybe something better will come to mind.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I had a thought along those lines. I wasn't quite sure how it would work.

Another thought was to visit another vloggers neck of the woods, maybe a spot they regularly go to or something, meet up not required. Again, not sure how that would work. Maybe each of us can, if we wish, suggest some places to find/visit and other go out to find/visit them? Bonus smugness for long rides. This might not work so well in larger countries.

I'll keep thinking of ideas though, maybe something better will come to mind.
The trouble with that is this is an international forum, so not easy for Estonia vloggers to get to Tennessee etc

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
The trouble with that is this is an international forum, so not easy for Estonia vloggers to get to Tennessee etc
That sure would take a lot of budget and planning :D
I would definitely like meetup and landmark type of challenges, but in this context, we would need some really clever ideas, to make it work.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I kind of like the idea.
Would we be choosing which movie we parody, or should we have others challenge us to parody a specific movie? If the first, how would we connect this with other vloggers, if latter, how can we exclude exclusion of anyone wanting to take part?

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I kind of like the idea.
Would we be choosing which movie we parody, or should we have others challenge us to parody a specific movie? If the first, how would we connect this with other vloggers, if latter, how can we exclude exclusion of anyone wanting to take part?
Just folks do whichever 4 they want. In the beginning credits have a credit for the forum's website. At the end tell the viewer how to participate by joining the forum.

To keep it motovlogish - The video must contain motorcycle or motorcycle parts related content either as subject or co-star.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Idea sprouting off from the advertisement game I arranged for the whole one time.
One (or more) challenge(s) could be to create a seemingly positive advertisement about something that disturbs or annoys you, around your neighborhood. Be it potholes, bad weather or traffic lights that don't care for motorcycles, or who knows what.

CalmBiker

Roll on summer...
Dec 3, 2013
East Riding of Yorkshire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z1000
Honda CB500X
How about four different video topics, a bit like the solar bear challenge was? Or six for a SPRING challenge?

S - Sights and/or sounds of your local area
P - Parody (film, advert, other)
R - Road - your favourite, hated, most something else
I - Impersonate another motovlogger
N - Night rider (I am running out if ideas)
G - Goals for 2024. (Told you I was running out of ideas!)

You get the idea! :)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I like that, although I do want to keep it to 4 videos. can we have some more suggestions for the topics, and if we have enough wanting to get involved, we'll pick the best from all your suggestions.
Here are my alternatives (nothing at all wrong with @CalmBiker 's suggestions BTW)

S - Shoutout, shout out the forum and the "challenge" explaining what these videos are about.
H - Happy, what is it about biking that makes you happy.
I - Item, what is the most useful item you have added to your bike that makes your life better.
T - Top, what are the top five things you love about your current motorcycle.

I'd also suggest that each regular video is less than 8 minutes and at least 1 of them should be a #Short and at least 1 being a regular longer form video but under 8min, with that choice being up to the creator as to which videos are short form or long form. The forum and challenge needs to be mentioned in each video and a link to the forum added to the written description. One video entry per person a week max.

Could do with the subjects being agreed by April so we can have the start date mid April and finish date the end of May.

Reactions: LoneWolfer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts