I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Let post this here, check out the link for a little background -
https://www.boswellsharley.com/blog/the-2021-electra-glide-revival--34846

Now let me put my two cents in the mix.

64f98d5d-0d8d-4425-ab78-0776ffb46bc7.jpg

Short version - swing and a tip off

Long version -

My grandfather had the bike this new model is paying respect to - the 1965 FLH Electra Glide.

ej0315-211455_1.jpg

These were special because it was the last year of the Panhead motor and the first year of electric start. The dealership missed that gem in their write-up.

The other thing that we are not really seeing is that the 1965 Electra Glide had a "buddy seat". That saddle hold TWO people on that plunger suspension. Kudos to H-D for using what appears to be the cop saddle that is based on a design for a seat pan used for several decades. The last time I toured the H-D museum in Milwaukee, they had one on display and explained how the model number is the same since 1950's. It is not the full "buddy seat".

Now, for those with a keen eye might see the 1965 has something that the new model does not - the placement of the rear shocks just in front of the saddlebags. @LoneWolfer should recognize that setup from his Dyna Switchback.

Now, the 1965 did not have the batwing fairing - that did not come about until Willie G. designed it and it was an option in 1969. Then it had no instruments! It was just a shell and the speedo was on the tank ala the modern Road King -

4%2Fharley-davidson-2021-electra-glide-revival-005.jpg

So, H-D should have stuck with that setup including the dual gas caps.

Now there is one thing I am glad to see what not redone - those horrible FLH bars from back in the day. CaveTroll showed me how his were setup on his 1970's model. The left and right side were not connected!

Anyway, the last thing -

What grinds my gears.jpg

The blog from the dealership mentions "Icon Collection" for this bike being the first. If you are familiar with American Iron horses, another brand uses that phrasing - do a little search for Indian Motorcycle and Icon. You will find Indian has been producing Icon models that are special paint jobs.

So in conclusion, when I saw the "new" bike (that appears to be a painted up ElectraGlide Standard) my reaction was -
-and-take-my-money-meme-sticker-1541713039.1794167.png

Last edited:

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
They could have imitated the panhead engine too then. Put flat covers on the engine, for example. To me, panhead is the best looking HD engine. Especially on chopper style bikes, with a bit stretched frames, that really let you see the top part of the engine.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
They could have imitated the panhead engine too then. Put flat covers on the engine, for example. To me, panhead is the best looking HD engine. Especially on chopper style bikes, with a bit stretched frames, that really let you see the top part of the engine.

True!

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I think the Revival looks great and I like the concept, but that $30K price is too steep for what it is in my opinion. I'm sure they'll sell every one they make but man I'd never pay that kind of money for that bike. But then I am very "frugal"...

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I think the Revival looks great and I like the concept, but that $30K price is too steep for what it is in my opinion. I'm sure they'll sell every one they make but man I'd never pay that kind of money for that bike. But then I am very "frugal"...

Yeps, this thing is about 10k USD higher than an ElectraGlide standard. For that money, it would be better to buy a FLHTP or FLHP and paint the tank, sidecovers, and fenders.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I like the idea of modernizing cool designs from the past, but that paint scheme is terrible. I see a meeting where some exec said, "Slap white bags and a white fairing on it and add 10K!"

The original's paint scheme flows, the Revival's paint comes to a screeching hault as soon as my eye leaves the fender and crashes into the fairing.

• Haha
Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I like the idea of modernizing cool designs from the past, but that paint scheme is terrible. I see a meeting where some exec said, "Slap white bags and a white fairing on it and add 10K!"

The original's paint scheme flows, the Revival's paint comes to a screeching hault as soon as my eye leaves the fender and crashes into the fairing.
That bottom half of the tank in black breaks the flow too much. They should have done the birch white.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
100% on that and a dual tone scheme on the fairing as well. My design sense cringes when a fairing isn't the exact same color or scheme as the tank.

The first batwing and bags came in all the colors of the birch white rainbow from Birch White to birch white.:p

Reactions: Drakhen99

mymotorrad

Wannabie Member
Mar 26, 2021
Fountain Hills AZ
www.mymotorrad.com
I ride a
2009 R1200RT
I like it, but it's overpriced based on function. I don't need nav or stereo and a FLHTP would be what that is minus that, wire spokes, fancy seat and paint. The different in price is 8-9K. Then add that they only made 1500, they are pretty much spoken for and probably went for even more.

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
SmartSelect_20210508-232009_Chrome.jpg

So the Revival saddle is a reupholstered cop saddle with some chrome trim. I liked the older air shock for the cop bikes myself but this might be buttery smooth too.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Mate that's the first time I've heard a goldwing owner described as frugal - even if self-described. :D

I'm very frugal, but I don't mind spending money on high quality things like a Honda Goldwing! :)

Reactions: LandyVlad

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts