I just won myself a free trackday at Brands Hatch....

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
That is awesome! Do you have any goals or specific things you want to work on for either that track day or your next if you have on planned before then?
Someone mentioned on Reddit about me unsettling the bike by moving more than I needed to on my last Brands Hatch Indy trackday so I am going to try work on that. Also as the trackday is free, I might pay the suspension chap to have a fettle and get the bike working better. I've been noticing the bars waggling and the bike moving around a lot more than it used to on fast road riding, guessing I am pushing harder now my confidence has grown with the bike and the suspension is not liking it too much on standard settings! :)

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Someone mentioned on Reddit about me unsettling the bike by moving more than I needed to on my last Brands Hatch Indy trackday so I am going to try work on that. Also as the trackday is free, I might pay the suspension chap to have a fettle and get the bike working better. I've been noticing the bars waggling and the bike moving around a lot more than it used to on fast road riding, guessing I am pushing harder now my confidence has grown with the bike and the suspension is not liking it too much on standard settings! :)

Get her dialed in!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'm well chuffed. Have been swapping my exhaust over today as my Yoshi will never pass noise testing. You def should mate, trackdays are so much fun! :)

Reactions: WheelyPerd

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
They put you through testing at the track? Funny how we can put the exhaust on the bikes and ride on the road with a so called race exhaust but it wont pass race track testing...

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Aye, the trackday I am going on is a road bike only day so only has 102dB max, the noisy days are 105dB, but my Yoshi was over that too.... I have a vid about this coming out soon! :)

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
They put you through testing at the track? Funny how we can put the exhaust on the bikes and ride on the road with a so called race exhaust but it wont pass race track testing...
Its because of the constant noise at a track. On the road a loud exhaust doesnt stick around for very long, but on a track its the same noise over and over again.

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
Its because of the constant noise at a track. On the road a loud exhaust doesnt stick around for very long, but on a track its the same noise over and over again.
I think you missed the joke. The street noise level is usually more stringent but is not enforced. The funny thing about it is Yoshi makes race exhaust but it does not meet the track specs. Yet they still are able to sell them. Some tracks here that are AMA sanctioned test the motocross bikes before the race, no pass no ride. It is usually dependent on the tracks to enforce or not.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I think you missed the joke. The street noise level is usually more stringent but is not enforced. The funny thing about it is Yoshi makes race exhaust but it does not meet the track specs. Yet they still are able to sell them. Some tracks here that are AMA sanctioned test the motocross bikes before the race, no pass no ride. It is usually dependent on the tracks to enforce or not.
:D haha over my head completely. We only have 1 local track thats strict about noise, but here we dont use decibel meters, we use "your bike sounds too loud". Really consistent.

• Haha

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts