I Commited Camera Robbery

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Whilst browsing through good old Facebook Market place I saw a Drift Ghost S up for £50 looks like it's hardley been used.. Knowing that they go for about eBay for up to £120 I'd say I commited robbery.

• Ghost S
  • 2x batteries
  • external drift charger
  • drift mic
  • remote
  • 3x of the flat mounts
  • 2x curved mounts
  • goggle mount
Not sure wether to try and bar/screen mount it for a helmet cam, stick it on the back as a rear facing or just put in the in a case with all the accesories I've got and leave until my current Ghost S dies. Could even be that guy and double my money on ebay :D

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
nice bargain, I'd suggest keeping it safe for when yours dies unless it has stabilisation, as bike mounted with no stabilisation often gives low quality results

Reactions: Teh Purp

Teh Purp

Friendly Neighbourhood Idiot
Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
SFV650, NC700x, anything im given
definitly a good dealbut as hippo said, bike cams tend to work better with stabilisation, sometimes on the handle bars its notso bad, but totally depends on the bike, the camera, the angle...... and if its a thursday, damn those thurdays!

Reactions: HippoDrone

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Nice purchase. Some times these bargains pop up and you can't believe your luck.

Have heard mixed reviews re Ghost cams so maybe best keeping safe for now.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
Nice purchase. Some times these bargains pop up and you can't believe your luck.

Have heard mixed reviews re Ghost cams so maybe best keeping safe for now.
Yh the new Drift’s so 4K, X, XL I’d stay away from. I’ve heard a lot of bad stuff about them. In fact all the big guys have given up with them. Teapot and Spicy were both brand ambassadors for them and have both gone Go Pro. I know one person who hasn’t had an issue with their 4K who motovlogs and another with there XL but they have never ran a mic as they don’t vlog.

Reactions: HippoDrone and HRMV

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I recently got a second one myself as my first was suffering from a loose power and transfer connection port. My first one has been my main helmet cam since I started motovlogging. I’ve mounted it on other parts of my bike, but generally if I’m riding in a city or my town at low speeds, where I’ll get good footage despite no stabilization.

Congrats on the bargain/steal!

-Wolf

Reactions: HRMV and YBGuy

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
I recently got a second one myself as my first was suffering from a loose power and transfer connection port. My first one has been my main helmet cam since I started motovlogging. I’ve mounted it on other parts of my bike, but generally if I’m riding in a city or my town at low speeds, where I’ll get good footage despite no stabilization.

Congrats on the bargain/steal!

-Wolf
Yh someone I know has a completley shot USB port.

Reactions: HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Yh the new Drift’s so 4K, X, XL I’d stay away from. I’ve heard a lot of bad stuff about them. In fact all the big guys have given up with them. Teapot and Spicy were both brand ambassadors for them and have both gone Go Pro. I know one person who hasn’t had an issue with their 4K who motovlogs and another with there XL but they have never ran a mic as they don’t vlog.
Aye like it or dump it I think GoPro are still the go to product for these things. Although that being said they are not without issue

Reactions: HippoDrone

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
Aye like it or dump it I think GoPro are still the go to product for these things. Although that being said they are not without issue
Oh yeah theres no perfect solution. The best I think is Spicy's current solution of the Hero 9 and external voice recorder

Reactions: HRMV and HippoDrone

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Oh yeah theres no perfect solution. The best I think is Spicy's current solution of the Hero 9 and external voice recorder
Aye I still have to watch that video to see what he does.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Camera Setups 18

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts