Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX526

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Missouri
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Too hard to tell if thread has been read or not. Can we change the color of the title of unread threads or not?

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
Too hard to tell if thread has been read or not. Can we change the color of the title of unread threads or not?
Yeah just use the "new posts" link up top under "forums." The only posts that will show in there are threads that you have not personally read the replies to. Once you click into one of those threads, it'll bring you to the first unread post that you haven't seen. After that, if you click the "new posts" link when you're done, the thread will not be listed there anymore until someone else submits a new reply, then it will be at the top of the list again awaiting the view from your eyes. :)

Reactions: dandoolittle

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Yeah just use the "new posts" link up top under "forums." The only posts that will show in there are threads that you have not personally read the replies to. Once you click into one of those threads, it'll bring you to the first unread post that you haven't seen. After that, if you click the "new posts" link when you're done, the thread will not be listed there anymore until someone else submits a new reply, then it will be at the top of the list again awaiting the view from your eyes. :)

Pretty much this :)

Once everyone is used to the forum, I ll see if I can make it even easier to see threads. To be fair though, this forum gives people a lot more options than the old one - And it's more secure

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I was wondering the same thing.
I also miss the function mark everything read, because there are topics i will never click into. Now these will bemakred unread forever..?

monkeystrada

Wannabie Member
Aug 15, 2013
UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring / Suzuki GSXR1000 (K7)
Yeh I'd also like a way to see which threads in a particular forum have unread posts, without having to use the New Posts button.

Just like a bold/un-bold, or a colour change for the read threads etc. Just makes it easier to see what's what at a glance

:)

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
It tells you which posts are unread from your last visit

Or

Click the 'watch forum' button

Last edited:

monkeystrada

Wannabie Member
Aug 15, 2013
UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring / Suzuki GSXR1000 (K7)
Sorry didn't make it clear what I meant... I just find the little blue arrows don't make it as clear as a colour/font type change which have a larger effect on the thread title area

It's just a personal thing, when you're in a hurry it's harder to spot the little arrow compared to a more obvious change on the page

:)

Shirou

京平
Sep 20, 2013
Argentina
I ride a
Honda XR250 Tornado
Ninja EX250J
To recap and make everything clear:

LWEd6e3.jpg

Errata: It is not "New topics" but "New messages", you can get a blue orb and no new topics because it changes when a message is posted on an existing topic or when a new topic is created.

Ll9Arx5.jpg

Reactions: dandoolittle

OlliePrice

The Friends of Ollie
Sep 16, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800
Quick one, how do I unwatch a thread. I am getting far to many alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO