How to get rid of the over light exposure?

joydemise

wolfie - help me to subscibe my YT channel
I just updated a new video on my YouTube channel. As you can see, I recorded the video between 2.00 AM until 6.00 AM. With this newest video, I've tested video recording at night twice. The problem is I can't get rid of the over light exposure. I tried to clean up the lens but there was no result. I used Kinemaster to edit this video. What should I do? Check the full video here:
EDIT BY ADMIN: Please read the forum rules.
1724187835879.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the Hero 4 Silver and never used Protune as I am shooting a lot more than editing. ProTune can send a person down a rabbit hole of time.

That screenshot of yours is grainy for sure but the lens flare is from something effecting the lens.

Was there high humidity above 70%? Did you pass through a warm or cool section of road?

As far as graininess - This chart shows different settings. GoPro will adjust some automatically so you might need to set them yourself on a preset just for night recording.
heat-sheet-chart-fotoblog-hamburg-daniel-peters-11.jpg

Is overexposing the real issue here, or the flaring?
If you mean overexposure of the streetlights and headlights, you can not have them be properly exposed and still see what is going on, on the road. The light level difference is just too high. You will have one overexposed or the other underexposed.
During daytime the light levels are more similar and then the headlights do not seem overexposed, but at certain angles they still are. As is sun.

If you mean overexposure of the streetlights and headlights, you can not have them be properly exposed and still see what is going on, on the road. The light level difference is just too high. You will have one overexposed or the other underexposed.
During daytime the light levels are more similar and then the headlights do not seem overexposed, but at certain angles they still are. As is sun.
Yes the flaring as well. Should I also set the night mode on?

I used the Hero 4 Silver and never used Protune as I am shooting a lot more than editing. ProTune can send a person down a rabbit hole of time.

That screenshot of yours is grainy for sure but the lens flare is from something effecting the lens.

Was there high humidity above 70%? Did you pass through a warm or cool section of road?

As far as graininess - This chart shows different settings. GoPro will adjust some automatically so you might need to set them yourself on a preset just for night recording.
View attachment 7328
U are right. Just found a dust or something on the lens. Cuz when I rerecorded in the same situation, the result was better.
In that time, I the weather was so cold. Thanks for the chart mate

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts

Back