How Do Carry All Your Keys?

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Not something I often see discussed but personally I just have all my keys on one loop. Though I would like to change to a key organizer but since I since my disc lock key and top box have a big chuck of plastic on them I'm struggling to find anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

Keys.jpg

index.jpg

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I keep all my keys individually. I don't want my Moto Guzzi key or Ducati key with me when on my KTM and vice-versa, I also don't want my car key when on the bikes. I keep my bike keys separate also as the other keys will damage the bike rattling around in the wind and vibrations. Each of my important keys have a different shape fob so I can pull the correct one out my pocket without needing to sift through looking for the right one. Also, if I lose a key, I don't lose all my keys so I can still get on my bike or in my house or in my car. I hate carrying crap around with me off the bike too so means when I go to the pub I just have a door key, again less to lose! :)

Reactions: dandoolittle

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
I keep all my keys individually. I don't want my Moto Guzzi key or Ducati key with me when on my KTM and vice-versa, I also don't want my car key when on the bikes. I keep my bike keys separate also as the other keys will damage the bike rattling around in the wind and vibrations. Each of my important keys have a different shape fob so I can pull the correct one out my pocket without needing to sift through looking for the right one. Also, if I lose a key, I don't lose all my keys so I can still get on my bike or in my house or in my car. I hate carrying crap around with me off the bike too so means when I go to the pub I just have a door key, again less to lose! :)

That's make sense. I only have one bike so I only have the one set. With my bike there is a big peice of plastic so it won't scratch anything. I did used to have the ignition key in a separate ring once. Was suggests losing it

MotoCafe

YouTube/MotoCafeRacer
Aug 9, 2016
Columbus Ohio
I ride a
1971 Honda CB750, 2014 Triumph Thruxton 900
I don't keep any other keys with my motorcycle key. If I need other keys then I just put them in my pocket.

Reactions: HippoDrone

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
For all of my vehicles, I'll run just the single key and ring when it's in the ignition, the extra weight in the ignition can mess it up. The bike key has a small fabric tag to make it harder to lose.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I have my home keys on one ring, and vehicle keys are all separate. I'd like to go keyless with my bike though, because motorcycle pants are so stiff, it is hard to put keys in the pocket, and later even harder to get them out.
But currently the suitable keyless system is just a bit too expensive.

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
wallet in my pocket until I get a tankbag, house keys etc in the same pocket, bike/car keys are seperate. I'm not very prone to misplacing or losing such things.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
I like the idea because you can do more than just keys. USB sticks, RFID tags, flash light, a few other things.

Yh I'd drop a blade on thereand the TrackR So it beeps if I leave it behind. The USB I think would be more agro then its worth cause of the weight of it in a USB port but still cool

xaviervax

Learning from everyone.
Mar 14, 2018
I ride a
Maxsym400
keys on Carabiner hooked to my jeans. I easily misplace items :D

TWWaffle

Waffles
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
m.youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Zx6r/2008 Sportster 1200
I’m with sighbored. I keep all my keys in my jacket pocket and my motorcycle key(s) by themselves. Don’t want a bunch of flappin keys on either of my bikes! Lol

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Yea boy, I would never keep all my keys together on one ring or one organizer. It'd be devastating to lose all your keys when you lose one.

I've forgotten my bike keys on the bike itself a few times, thankfully nothing happened in all instances and they were there on the bike when I came back. If worse things ever happened, I'd rather not have someone be taking off with the keys to my other bikes, my house, my office and my in-laws place with them.

Reactions: TWWaffle

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Three sets of keys - bike, office and house (cars keys too, but I hardly carry them as my wife uses ours more than me). Like others have said I don’t want to put all my eggs in one basket. I can also tell the difference between the 3 sets just by feel alone in my pocket.

I keep my spare bike key at home so I can’t lose them if they’re stored on my bike, or on me. My bike key set is the smallest - ignition, bike chain and top case. I do miss the motorcycle keychain logo form I used to have on it though.

- Wuf

FryskRider

Wannabie Member
Mar 26, 2018
I ride a
BMW R1100GS
Keep the keys in my pocket. have the keyring with all the house keys seperate from my motorcycle keys so as not to damage the ignition.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts