Status
Not open for further replies.

eezyrida

Wannabie Member
Sep 10, 2013
I ride a
Suzuki Bandit 1250SA K7
Hi all,

Stumbled on this forum during a Google search, trying to find a way to attach a helmet cam (preferably a Contour, don't like GoPros) to a Shoei Neotec flip-up lid helmet. Can't attach it to the top due to the flipup, the side seems to be the way to go but still not found a secure way of attaching one that gives proper angling capability.

Dabbled with helmet cam a couple of years ago when my gf bought me this one...

http://www.retailgadgets.co.uk/Sports-Action-Helmet-Head-Camera.html

... for my birthday, spent many hours trying to find a decent mounting option, at first velcroed it against the bike fork, then bought a glorified clothes-peg arrangement to attach it to my helmet (then a Multitec) which worked fine until it dropped off one day and the camera has now stopped working. Some of my attempts from then can be found here.. http://www.youtube.com/user/eezyrida/videos

Found a thread that might help me at least so will be posting on that shortly.

I ride a Suzuki Bandit 1250SA which I've had since 2007 from new, just passed the 60k mile mark on it and in my view it's the best bike ever, completely reliable, plenty of power and torque, very versatile, and always puts smiles on our faces (most of my riding is two-up with the GF).

Am also a member of the London Bikers forum - http://londonbikers.com/forums/

Thank you for reading :)

eezyrida

Wannabie Member
Sep 10, 2013
I ride a
Suzuki Bandit 1250SA K7
Thanks. Just heard an online rumour that Contour may have just gone bust so that's me back to the drawing board. Anyone recommend a good helmet cam that doesn't resemble an oversized matchbox? And a way of fitting it to my Neotec?

BikerSpeedTriple

Wannabie Member
Aug 18, 2012
Hertfordshire/London
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Triple
Welcome! You'll find that there are quite a few posts on here about cameras, unsurprisingly. Some people even get quite passionate about their choice. ;)

I use a RePlay XD1080 which works quite well and is a reasonably low profile bullet cam. The battery life isn't brilliant, but there is an option to plug into on-bike power which helps. It also has a ball-and-socket type mounting option which makes the angle fully adjustable once fitted and the ability to plug in an external mic. I'm not aware of anyone else using one of these.

eezyrida

Wannabie Member
Sep 10, 2013
I ride a
Suzuki Bandit 1250SA K7
Many thanks BikerStreetTriple, will consider getting one of those especially if it has a mount that's compatible with my Neotec...

eezyrida

Wannabie Member
Sep 10, 2013
I ride a
Suzuki Bandit 1250SA K7
Svothe said:
He did that on purpose just to mess you about ;)

I promise I didn't, 'twas a genuine mistake. I don't mess people about, especially when they give me very helpful advice as BikerSpeedTriple did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts