Hero 3+ Batteries?

SonicMoto

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2016
Raleigh, North Carolina
I ride a
Ninja EX300
Anyone have a good source of Hero 3+ GoPro batteries? I've seen a few on amazon but they are close or already expired. GoPros website no longer even lists them...

LaneSplitr

Wannabie Member
Oct 20, 2016
Santa Monica, CA
I ride a
2014 Triumph Bonneville
Are you looking for OEM GoPro batteries? I've been using 6 Wasabi batteries for the last 3 years and have an overall great experience. I bought from Amazon- they are a lot cheaper than GoPro too.

JoshAFJ

Because Motorcycle
Sep 21, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I ride a
07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
Anyone have a good source of Hero 3+ GoPro batteries? I've seen a few on amazon but they are close or already expired. GoPros website no longer even lists them...

My Wasabi batteries work very well. I got a couple of another brand and they weren't great at all. I would vote for Wasabi!

MtnMoto

Wannabie Member
Sep 22, 2016
I ride a
2013 Ducati Diavel AMG
Another vote for wasabi! I have 3 of their 3+ and 3 for my 4 silver. All of them have been better than the gopro batteries once "broken in".
5 cycles of charging and full discharging seemed to maximize their life. On my 3+black I get about 90 mins per battery recording either 1080p60 or 2.7k30.

JoshAFJ

Because Motorcycle
Sep 21, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I ride a
07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
If you do get a dud Amazon will refund you or replace them. They have the best customer service ever.

I needed something for a trip and the piece of gear I needed (I think it was a mic it was a whole ago haha) was out of stock from Amazon Prime, but another seller had it so they gave me free 2 day shipping on it anyways.

Reactions: MtnMoto

LaneSplitr

Wannabie Member
Oct 20, 2016
Santa Monica, CA
I ride a
2014 Triumph Bonneville
Thanks, will check into wasabi brand, I saw a few duds on the reviews at amazon but will give it a shot.

They have a 3 year warranty on them, which I admittedly used on batteries I bought 2 years and 11 months ago. They were some of the original batteries they sold and the became swollen. I paid $6 shipping to replace the two swollen batteries and had them within a few days via Blue Nook's great customer service. The batteries I bought more recently (~2 years ago) still hold plenty of charge and show no swelling at all. I think the early ones had bad production batches. Still highly recommended.

Reactions: MtnMoto

MtnMoto

Wannabie Member
Sep 22, 2016
I ride a
2013 Ducati Diavel AMG
Also, I'm not sure what charger the 3+ kits are shipping with but I just ordered their 3 battery hero4 kit with charger and I have to say it is awesome! Their 3-bay hero4 charger charges the 3, 3+ and 4 batteries at the same time. And it takes a micro USB connection so it's very portable.
Love it

Reactions: LaneSplitr

LaneSplitr

Wannabie Member
Oct 20, 2016
Santa Monica, CA
I ride a
2014 Triumph Bonneville
Also, I'm not sure what charger the 3+ kits are shipping with but I just ordered their 3 battery hero4 kit with charger and I have to say it is awesome! Their 3-bay hero4 charger charges the 3, 3+ and 4 batteries at the same time. And it takes a micro USB connection so it's very portable.
Love it

I plan on picking up that 3-bay Wasabi. I didn't realize it worked on different gen GoPro batteries... that's pretty convenient.

SonicMoto

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2016
Raleigh, North Carolina
I ride a
Ninja EX300
Ended up getting the battery eliminator unit, best purchase ever. Yeah it's annoying having 2 cables running to my helmet but having a 5hr 30min run time is amazingly nice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Camera Setups 4

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts