SevenCube

KTM RC390 + ATGATT
Dec 28, 2015
I ride a
2015 KTM RC 390, 2011 Yamaha FZ-S
I've been following a few motovloggers for some time now. Their rides look like so much fun, you want to be a part of it. Join them on a ride.

I finally decided to give it a shot. Needless to say, it's WAY harder than I thought. That only makes it more interesting though.

Through the help of the abundant information on this forum and the members here, I hope to slowly, but surely, get better and better!

If you'd like to read more about me, continue reading! *takes a bow*

I never knew how to ride a motorcycle until I was 16. My girlfriend at the time knew how to ride a scooter and I didn't. I found it embarrassing that she did and I didn't (hey, I was 16). I took my dad's scooter and began practicing. It was merely a way for me to get around.

When I turned 20, activities in life needed me to travel between university and other parts of the city. By then I realized that our scooter wasn't in good enough shape to do over 50 kilometers a day. A motorcycle was needed. I had absolutely no interest in motorcycles and therefore considered going for a second hand 100cc high economy motorcycle. In the search for one, I took my friend's 180cc motorcycle for a spin and I thought to myself "Damn. This feels nice". I ended up buying a second hand Yamaha FZ-S, a 150cc absolute beauty of a bike. However even at this point, riding was merely a means of moving from one point to another. Nothing more.

Superbikes, like the ones I'd seen on TV, were something so out there that I'd never even thought of them. I would even question "Why in the world would someone want something so powerful?". A question I laugh at now. Seeing one in person was the tipping point.

A friend of mine who I knew rides a lot bought a Hyosung GT 650N. He brought it to our university and asked me to take a look at it, he was thrilled. I wasn't really interested, but I did because he was a friend. Seeing the size of that bike, and the size of that engine compared to my 150cc made my jaws drop. At that point, I was looking at a monstrous machine. He asked me to sit behind him so he could show me the bike. I was reluctant, but I trusted him. Strapped my helmet on, sat on the back, and he started riding towards the back of our university where we had a long open road. As I tried to zip up my jacket, it happened. He opened the throttle. I remember my feet coming off the footpegs, hands moving at the speed of sound to grab the rails at the back of the bike, and every muscle in my arms and chest trying to push myself so I could not fall off. It was acceleration I had never before experienced.

He slowed down, laughed and asked me to hold the tank. I did so. It was better. But still bloody scary. I held on for dear life as I traveled faster than I ever have on land. Everything I could see was a blur, layers of colours. It felt like I was in a movie. We stopped after a while and I had to sit. After an experience like that, I needed to. I looked at the bike in disbelief that it was possible for a motorcycle to perform at that level. And that this, was an entry level 650cc.

This was the moment I fell in love with motorcycles. From then on every ride was more than just travel. I began reading about riding techniques and ways to ride better. I educated myself riding gear and safety. A year and a half from that point I bought a KTM RC390 for the joy of riding on the track.

Today, I want to record Motovlogs. Share my thoughts, experiences and rides with people. Allow them to see what I see.

And I know I've come to the right place to do just that.

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Welcome to the community!

I found it harder than expected to start with too, it gets a lot easier the more you do it.

SevenCube

KTM RC390 + ATGATT
Dec 28, 2015
I ride a
welcome i personally found it natural to motovlog ans i chat crap when i ride any way

I'm usually either spouting crap or singing. Mostly singing. The challenge I'm facing right now is in audio recording. I bought my Sena 20S last Friday. My test recording on my phone picked up the sound of the bike well, but my voice is barely audible. I use an SJ4000 to record video.

Any ideas?

Mr AusAdventure

Adventure is as Adventure does
Sep 16, 2012
Gold Coast, Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki V-Strom DL650 + A MTB!
I'm usually either spouting crap or singing. Mostly singing. The challenge I'm facing right now is in audio recording. I bought my Sena 20S last Friday. My test recording on my phone picked up the sound of the bike well, but my voice is barely audible. I use an SJ4000 to record video.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the site! Are you using an external microphone in your camera? Or are you using your phone to record the audio? You'll need a microphone inside your helmet somewhere close to your mouth to get good audio.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Welcome. I've found it hard to keep the momentum up.

Only advise I can offer on that is when you really feel like vlogging try to get a few in the bag so you have reserves for when you don't.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Welcome!

I just hate it when the rider suddenly guns the throttle without warning you when you are riding b*tch (pillion) on the bike. I would smack them on the back of the helmet after that. Luckily, I don't do a lot of b*tch riding.

Ride safe, safe ride!

SevenCube

KTM RC390 + ATGATT
Dec 28, 2015
I ride a
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you Lurch!

Welcome!

I just hate it when the rider suddenly guns the throttle without warning you when you are riding b*tch (pillion) on the bike. I would smack them on the back of the helmet after that. Luckily, I don't do a lot of b*tch riding.

Ride safe, safe ride!

Haha! I know right. Thankfully it all went well. For other pillions, it's one of those "I'm never getting on a bike again" experiences.

Welcome to the site! Are you using an external microphone in your camera? Or are you using your phone to record the audio? You'll need a microphone inside your helmet somewhere close to your mouth to get good audio.

Initially I used the mic on the camera. But the amount of wind noise was way too high. I'm trying with the Sena now. Open up a voice recorder app on my phone and record. One theory as to why it didn't pick up my voice at all is that it wasn't taking it's input from the Sena's mic, but the phone's mic instead.

Thanks jthomas!

Welcome. I've found it hard to keep the momentum up.

Only advise I can offer on that is when you really feel like vlogging try to get a few in the bag so you have reserves for when you don't.

Thank you lupin! I imagine that motovlogging has it's ups and downs like most other activities. So your advice does help. Hopefully I hit more ups and than downs. :D

MiGlyRides

Geordie-Aussie
Jan 5, 2016
Gold Coast, Queensland
I ride a
Honda CBR 500 RA & Honda MSX 125 (GROM)
Welcome, If you enjoy it keep doing it and some people will like listening to your shit.. I'm still waiting for those people ;)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts