Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelsMotorcycle

Wannabie Member
Apr 16, 2013
Texas
I ride a
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Hey guys, im in Texas and just got into this motovlogging thing :p I have been riding for almost 5 months now. I have a Kawasaki Ninja 300, yeah the new awesome one! ;) 8)

So heres my problem, I can easily talk to people all day, whether it is in class or at work, or whatever! But when i try to make a vlog i go blank and cant say a word! For some reason i become very shy and can not do it! I want to start vlogging but im so damn shy that i have a hard time doing it! Any tips or help to start? In person im not too shy but i sure am not the life of the party. Any help to kick me in the ass and get me started would be great! thanks a ton guys! Every motovlogger that i have seen seems like an awesome person and im sure you guys/girls are also!

Here is my youtube channel too!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelsMot ... ture=guide

The videos i have at the moment are just riding vids and more of tests than anything, for me to check the camera, and play with some software for editing.

Yarek

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
I ride a
Street Triple 'R' - 2010 Matt Orange
I was the same initially - best thing to do is wear your camera and start a vlog - with no intention of posting it up - then you'll not have to worry about saying something stupid etc. Also, pick a topic - a response to someone else's vid is probably a good place to start and think of a few points you want to go through to structure it - then just talk to them. Do this before you leave the house.

TrailChaser

Wannabie Member
Jun 22, 2012
Between Austin and San Antonio
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2006 XR650L & a 2008 Honda CRF230L
Get someone to ride with you(on a diffferent bike) and speak as if you are talking to that other person, only they can't/won't reply so you have to keep up the convo. Tell the guy a story or something, but forget about the camera. It's just there to record the event.

Miggs7170

Wannabie Member
Jun 22, 2012
Cape Town, South Africa
www.youtube.com
I ride a
GSXR 600
Welcome :)

In my opinion there are two types of Vlogs. The first is where you go out with nothing in particular to talk about. You just pop on the bike, hit record, and start talking to yourself. A topic may come to mind, you might see something on the road that turns into a 10 minute rant, or you might end up splicing together 8 minutes of footage that cover three different topics which was taken from 50 minutes of you riding around. To me, this can make for a pretty easy vlog if you're stuck about what to talk about, or worried about not having enough to say. You go out knowing you have nothing to say, so when there's a 2 minute pause between something coming to mind, it's no biggy, and you don't panic about it.

The second type of vlog is one where you've got a topic, think about it ahead of time (I usually write it down because it helps to stick the info in my head a bit better), and then pop out to record it. These are normally more structured, there's less skipping around from shot to shot (fluid), and still often get derailed into another topic all together.

I find some people are FANTASTIC at getting on the bike and just yacking, and some people are TERRIBLE. Also, different audiences like different styles. Even different bike types lend themselves to different styles. Supermoto is great for just hopping on and exploring/going places you wouldn't normally and talking about it. Maybe not so much with a sport bike. I don't know.

Bottom line, like anything you want to get good at, you're just going to have to get out there and try it.

1. Get on bike
2. Push record
3. Don't stop riding and yacking until the battery is flat.

It'll get easier. Just imagine you have your own radio show, because that's bascially what you're doing. People aren't watching you, they're simply looking at what you're looking at ^_^

Chris033081

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2013
Western Washington
I ride a
2013 Harley Davidson XL1200C-ANV
Miggs7170 said:
Welcome :)

Bottom line, like anything you want to get good at, you're just going to have to get out there and try it.

1. Get on bike
2. Push record
3. Don't stop riding and yacking until the battery is flat.

4. Replace with fresh battery and keep going...

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
First thing I'd say to do is stop thinking that because you recorded it, you must upload. Forget the camera is there, and just start yapping. If you don't like what comes out, delete it. I've been doing this for a loooong time and I still don't post half of what I actually say. It seems like you're too worried about whether or not it will be any good (thus the shyness shows up.) So...stop worrying about it.

wayne918

Wannabie Member
Apr 11, 2013
I ride a
suzuki
Because your worried about being judged.. Be like me, i just don't care what people think and talk about random stuff.. however it not uncommon for me to go quite for a few seconds or so in lala land.

Just remember, its only you in your helmet.. Its a lot easier that way.

MichaelsMotorcycle

Wannabie Member
Apr 16, 2013
Texas
I ride a
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
Thank you to everyone! I haven't been able to try today because the weather has been pretty cold, and cold tomorrow, so I will give it another shot on friday or saturday! Your advise is really appreciated! I wasnt expecting some of the bigger names to post in here so thank you! Ive seen trail chasers video of the grumpy old guy beefore and i think i used to follow trinith, back in the day, on another youtube account!

Thanks again guys, really appreciate the help and encouragement. I know i can do it but just have to get past that first start and i think ill be good ;)

Caesar342

Wannabie Member
Apr 3, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I ride a
2013 Harley Davidson Dyna Street Bob
MichaelsMotorcycle said:
Hey guys, im in Texas and just got into this motovlogging thing :p I have been riding for almost 5 months now. I have a Kawasaki Ninja 300, yeah the new awesome one! ;) 8)

So heres my problem, I can easily talk to people all day, whether it is in class or at work, or whatever! But when i try to make a vlog i go blank and cant say a word! For some reason i become very shy and can not do it! I want to start vlogging but im so damn shy that i have a hard time doing it! Any tips or help to start? In person im not too shy but i sure am not the life of the party. Any help to kick me in the ass and get me started would be great! thanks a ton guys! Every motovlogger that i have seen seems like an awesome person and im sure you guys/girls are also!

The videos i have at the moment are just riding vids and more of tests than anything, for me to check the camera, and play with some software for editing.

where in texas are you?

mrtommygunwhite

Wannabie Member
Jun 7, 2012
lancashire
I ride a
a (dead atm) yammaha yzf r125 2012 anniversary
Caesar342 said:
MichaelsMotorcycle said:

where in texas are you?
hopefully somewhere not blown up first what happened in boston now the fertilizer factory

Caesar342

Wannabie Member
Apr 3, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I ride a
2013 Harley Davidson Dyna Street Bob
mrtommygunwhite said:
Caesar342 said:
MichaelsMotorcycle said:

where in texas are you?
hopefully somewhere not blown up first what happened in boston now the fertilizer factory

i know this shits insane that was in waco i think hes in Amarillo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts