Hello from Danville KY

Status
Not open for further replies.

djroadking

Wannabie Member
Aug 13, 2013
I ride a
1967 BSA Royal Star
Hello everyone! I haven't started motovlogging yet but I'm wanting to get into it for fun and as something else to do on the side besides music and college. The motorcycle I've been riding on is a 1967 BSA Royal Star. This bike was restored by myself and my Dad some years ago and we bought it from the original owners family. The owner had this BSA for only about a year and had died in a crash from taking a turn too wide on it. Since 1968 the bike had been stored away in a barn... Finally the bike saw the sunlight again in 2003. The restoration took us roughly 3 years to complete. I have been riding motorcycles ever since I was a kid. Got my permit in late July and have been going on rides with my Dad. He's been taking his Sportster while I've been riding the BSA. Riding motorcycles is one of the few father-son things we still do together.

I think motovlogging with this bike in particular would not only be something unique but would also make quite a statement... Feels odd riding on the road with the BSA because of how many people come up and ask questions about it. And people aren't expecting to see anything like it out on the streets and if they are, they're expecting someone who's in there late 50's or so. They're certainly not expecting to see a 20 year old riding something so old...

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
A BSA very similar to that was one of the first motorcycles I spent time around. No idea what year it was, but it looked extremely similar. Sat in the window of a bicycle shop I frequented. Every time I saw it I wanted to ride it.

Good luck with the motovlogging adventure, looking forward to seeing some videos from that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts