Not open for further replies.

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
This is more for an Instructor mate of mine, who Is after a HD camera he can mount to his bike, (Versys 650) but he specifically needs Cyclic recording. For those living under a rock, cyclic recordidng is basically constantly recording footage, and when the memory fi;;s up, it overwrites itself, meaning the camera can run for as long as you want.

We've checked 4kam.com and DogCam but cant find anything

Any help is appreciated

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
the PoV HD has one of them =) go check Svens vid on it

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
The new GoPro will do this, Thats what has got me interested in buying one.

Alot cheaper than the POV & just as good quality if not better. & more nimble than carrying about the rest of the POv device.

You will probs need the battery pack aswell, 5 hours in total it will give you.

Ask Yarek he's got the new one. See if he can find the setting on the cam & test it for you ?

RoadcraftNottingham

Wannabie Member
Jan 12, 2012
I ride a
Honda Pan Euopean 1100, Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC, Ducati Diavel, CBR600RR-8
I think the "loop mode" is being confused with cyclic recording. When the Vio pov HD (which I have) fills the memory card up I get a red "memory full" warning and the recording stops. It doesn't automatically go back to the beginning. If he wants constant recording he'll need to change the memory card every couple of hours. He also has the vio problem of a 2 hour battery life and if he uses the bike batt power with an adapter like I sometimes do and for any freakish reason disconnects the battery or falls off, he will lose ALL previous footage, including footage of the actual accident that may have fetched him off as a little power is needed to save the footage.

Same as the Gopro hero2 (which I'm also lucky to have)...it displays "full" when the memory card is full and won't start recording from the beginning until the memory card footage has been erased.

RoadcraftNottingham

Wannabie Member
Jan 12, 2012
I ride a
Apologies to Leedsrider93..I didn't see his post and the MiniDVR HD has the cyclic recording AND can be powered off the bike battery. Not bad at about £250 either (I think the external power supply may be extra)

:)

thunderous71

Daddy
Aug 4, 2011
Surrey
www.thunderous71.com
I ride a
Mt-09
RoadcraftNottingham said:
I think the "loop mode" is being confused with cyclic recording. When the Vio pov HD (which I have) fills the memory card up I get a red "memory full" warning and the recording stops. It doesn't automatically go back to the beginning.

Interesting, not used the feature on mine yet will have to experiment as the documents hint it can act as a black box.

"Recording in LOOP mode allows you to save captured video of events after they have happened. When in LOOP mode, POV.1 keeps a video clip in memory (length of clip is set in the settings menu) and will write the clip only if the user requests by pressing the "TAG" button. If the "TAG" button is not pressed, the file will not be saved."

Gives me something to do at the weekend ;)

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
new go pro has firmware update so I've been told the allows this.

LeedsRider93

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
Leeds, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Yamaha FZS600S, 2009 Daelim Roadwin Fi
RoadcraftNottingham said:
Apologies to Leedsrider93..I didn't see his post and the MiniDVR HD has the cyclic recording AND can be powered off the bike battery. Not bad at about £250 either (I think the external power supply may be extra)

:)

Apology accepted! :)

A cigarette lighter adapter is supplied with the MiniDVR HD, never used it though..

RoadcraftNottingham

Wannabie Member
Jan 12, 2012
I ride a
The loop mode depends on you remembering to press "tag" every time (which I kept forgetting) and then "save tags" before turning the unit off (which again, I kept forgetting) I found it easier to just record the whole thing and edit out later.

Also with the Hero 2, It still just says "full" on the display and even if it did have the cyclic function, the battery only lasts 2 hours and would need an external power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SweetTripl Camera Setups 27