Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
The upright riding position of my Moto Guzzi V7 was very comfortable, but I want to be able to use it on trackdays more so fitting clip on handlebars made some sense to me.

These are an OEM part from Moto Guzzi as they fitted them to the earlier V7 Racers, so swapping them out was not difficult.
The kit came with shorter throttle and clutch cables as well as a shorter brake line too. When I swapped those, I took the opportunity to change the brake pads as well.
The only real issues I had were fitting the new clutch cable, which has not had 7 years to stretch so is very tight, I hope there is enough play on it to stop any slippage. I also made a bit of a mess detaching the old brake line, with hindsight I should have removed the caliper from the bike so as to not get the fluid on the bikes tyre. I do have some new tyres to fit, so not the end of the world in this instance.
I hope you find this at least interesting to watch, even if owning a Moto Guzzi is entirely not on your radar! :)

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Owning a Moto Guzzi should be on everyone's radar. :)

I certainly understand you reaons for doing it but the older I get the less the crouch position appeals.

I rode a Norton 961 Café racer a while back and after a while, yeah, ouch.

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I had the upright Renthals on for a few years once I started the customisation, I didn't really want to turn it into a cafe racer as every man and their dog was doing them, but I have done a couple of trackdays on it, so getting it more focussed will make it a bit better for biting the sportsbike ankles :D
And having this as a cafe racer, means their is room in my brain for a new project bike maybe! :D

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts