Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
Hey,

So this is my set up and it's not the newest out there but I just recently learned that you can use the Mesh Mode of the 30K and dual vlog. My Sena GP10 picked up the other riders voices so I thought it was pretty neat. At the time it was myself and 2 other riders that were on the mesh, I believe users with the Sena 20S can also jump in on it but may have to pair with one of the 30K users. Also, if you want, you can mute the Mesh conversation and continue to to vlog on your own with a push of one button, then you can simply push it again and jump back into the conversation.

Hopefully this isn't common info or at least in the future if someone searches it will answer their question. :)

DB Moto

"Spirited" Supersport Motovlogger
Oct 23, 2019
Auckland, New Zealand
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R6
No way! That's epic if that's true. It's endless hassle trying to record friends otherwise. Thanks for the pro tip! I should have bought a 30K...

Reactions: Stank

Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
No way! That's epic if that's true. It's endless hassle trying to record friends otherwise. Thanks for the pro tip! I should have bought a 30K...

Always room for an upgrade, right? :D

Yes, that was one of my concerns. I was like in theory it might work then tested it on one of our motovlogger meet ups/rides. If you open this vid and just go to the 9 minute mark you can hear us talking. I also talk about it throughout the vid but 9 minutes is where we actually carry on a good convo for a bit. The Sena GP10 stays in HD voice mode as well so the audio is fairly decent from the other riders too!

Last edited by a moderator:

DensS

youtube.com/dennissuryana
Nov 29, 2019
Bandung, Indonesia
youtube.com
I ride a
Xiaomi Mijia M365
Hey,

So this is my set up and it's not the newest out there but I just recently learned that you can use the Mesh Mode of the 30K and dual vlog. My Sena GP10 picked up the other riders voices so I thought it was pretty neat. At the time it was myself and 2 other riders that were on the mesh, I believe users with the Sena 20S can also jump in on it but may have to pair with one of the 30K users. Also, if you want, you can mute the Mesh conversation and continue to to vlog on your own with a push of one button, then you can simply push it again and jump back into the conversation.

Hopefully this isn't common info or at least in the future if someone searches it will answer their question. :)

I sold my Sena 30K and gotback to my Sena 20S EVO because 30K doesn't support UHD voice mode in the GP10, the sound quality is horribly decreased when recording.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
That is interesting to hear. I have just got myself a Sena 30k, not really got it for duel vlogging or to record the audio.... I can't with the current GoPros anyhows. I hope the audio is not annoying when running it as a comms device though.

Reactions: Stank

Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
I sold my Sena 30K and gotback to my Sena 20S EVO because 30K doesn't support UHD voice mode in the GP10, the sound quality is horribly decreased when recording.

My GP10 and 30K work with UHD. That's all I record in if you check out my videos, weird you had problems with it. Did you update the 30K when you got it or ask the Sena support?

Edit: just reread your post and I do concur about it my voice volume being low but I adjust it in post/FCP X.

That is interesting to hear. I have just got myself a Sena 30k, not really got it for duel vlogging or to record the audio.... I can't with the current GoPros anyhows. I hope the audio is not annoying when running it as a comms device though.

Works great as we discussed for speaking on the phone (most people don't know I'm riding if they call) and GPS or music. :)

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
@Stank I'm trying to out my GP10 for the first time. I can't get it to pair with my 30K. I've got the 30k fully updated. What exactly do you do when pairing it? Seems I've tried everything.

Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
@Stank I'm trying to out my GP10 for the first time. I can't get it to pair with my 30K. I've got the 30k fully updated. What exactly do you do when pairing it? Seems I've tried everything.

Hey you should be able to find some YouTube vids on it but here's a quick run down.

Turn both the 30K and GP10 on. Long press the center 30K button (it's a grey color), it's like 5 seconds. It should enter pairing mode and the LED will rapidly blink. Then press and hold the small pairing button on the GP10 (lower left hand corner on the back), the LED will rapidly blink blue/red. Then they should both pair. Once it has you can press the pairing button on the GP10 to switch between UHD and normal voice mode. I use UHD mode for all my motovlogging. Hope that helps. :)

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Hey you should be able to find some YouTube vids on it but here's a quick run down.

Turn both the 30K and GP10 on. Long press the center 30K button (it's a grey color), it's like 5 seconds. It should enter pairing mode and the LED will rapidly blink. Then press and hold the small pairing button on the GP10 (lower left hand corner on the back), the LED will rapidly blink blue/red. Then they should both pair. Once it has you can press the pairing button on the GP10 to switch between UHD and normal voice mode. I use UHD mode for all my motovlogging. Hope that helps. :)
I just figured it out. I was being dumb and hadn't updated the GP10. Pairs up just fine now. Thanks. I'll have to see how clear it sounds tomorrow.

Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
I just figured it out. I was being dumb and hadn't updated the GP10. Pairs up just fine now. Thanks. I'll have to see how clear it sounds tomorrow.

Perfect, yea only gripe I have is that I need to raise my voice up in post but its easy to do for me. Hopefully it works well for you. Try out the Mesh intercom as well to get familiar with the Sena 30K. (raise antenna up and push the small button to start Mesh)

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Perfect, yea only gripe I have is that I need to raise my voice up in post but its easy to do for me. Hopefully it works well for you. Try out the Mesh intercom as well to get familiar with the Sena 30K. (raise antenna up and push the small button to start Mesh)
I've used mesh when riding with another 30k user, but does it work with the GP10 and do you notice much difference?

Edit: Just reread your OP. I guess you already answered some of that.

Last edited:

Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
I've used mesh when riding with another 30k user, but does it work with the GP10 and do you notice much difference?

Edit: Just reread your OP. I guess you already answered some of that.

Yeah, I've only tried it once and I didn't notice any differences! I was unsure at the time but after reviewing my footage it was good and included everything in the recording. Pretty cool feature to have. :cool:

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts