Not open for further replies.

XXX526

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Missouri
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
kryten said:
....... I started looking for another camera and found one that seemed promising, the Replay XD1080. The only problem is again it has no external mic. They keep saying its coming soon but its been quite a while. I don't get why they promise things they never deliver. I personally wont buy another camera because it has a feature that I want this is "coming soon".

There is an external mic input on the Replay, fellow forum member sgtmarkins is using the Replay. It is my understanding Replay does not yet have a mic for sale on their website, but the Sarge is obviously using one. Hopefully he will see this thread and chime in.

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
XXX526 said:
kryten said:
....... I started looking for another camera and found one that seemed promising, the Replay XD1080. The only problem is again it has no external mic. They keep saying its coming soon but its been quite a while. I don't get why they promise things they never deliver. I personally wont buy another camera because it has a feature that I want this is "coming soon".

There is an external mic input on the Replay, fellow forum member sgtmarkins is using the Replay. It is my understanding Replay does not yet have a mic for sale on their website, but the Sarge is obviously using one. Hopefully he will see this thread and chime in.

Sgtmarkins used a separate audio recorder. In order to use a microphone you with the Replay you have to have an adapter that isn't available yet. They keep saying it will be available soon but they've been saying that for months. If they would get their shit together I would buy one in a heartbeat because they have great color and sharp video that's as good if not a bit better than the GoPro. I would vlog a lot more if I could get a camera that is more convenient to use than the GoPro. I wish they would hurry up and release their microphone adapter.

Raindown93

Wannabie Member
Oct 19, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha WR 125 X
Well, I went ahead and got the sony bloggie from amazon, At a pretty good price, But when it arrived and i tried it on inside the helmet, It fit, But was pretty uncomfortable, and more restricting than what i had imagined.

With amazon being totally awesome like they are, i just sent them a message explaining, and they refunded me, which was good. With funds being short right now, Im not going to be able to yet, But in the next month or so, i will be purchasing a Hero2, I will probably try drilling a sized hole into the case provided, I'm sure that will still maintain most waterproofing, And then the mic will be all good to go :)

Rain

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Most people only vlog when its dry anyway. The skeleton case, while it does have a hole in it, still looks relatively waterproof too in light rain.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
The Drift is splash proof, has a splash proof silicone cover for attaching the microphone through or a fully waterproof pouch. Just sayin'

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Like what ariderslife said, you can buy a spare housing for £25- £30 and just drill holes into it the size you need, or a little smaller to compensate for a snug fit. and maybe a rubber washer or a small amount of super glue?

it's a spare housing/ (Vlogging Housing) so no need to worry about it ever falling out.

I haven't seen mayn vlogs of people in the rain and if they have been it's only been light and I'm sure the GoPro will survive to a small amount of rain its not like it's in direct contact with the rain.

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
Anyone else see this announcement and think "sweet!!! Cheap hd go pros!"

Can't wait to see them start appearing on ebay or sites selling old stock, should be able to pick up a bargain

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
If you Stick with the second wave you know what actually works and what doesn't. Rather than buying it and hoping it does what it claims, as well as it claims.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
GoPro have allready dropped the 960 to £120 (state side) I'm sure Extremevideo will have it for around £140 - Europe (will post to UK)

launch

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2011
Gnarth America
www.launchhelmetcams.ca
I ride a
Bunch of different two wheeled badboys.
pizzaonaninja said:
where's launch when you need him?

Did somebody call?

@pizzaonaninja is right about the GoPro Housing. The standard one the camera comes with does not allow a mic to be plugged in. In order to Vlog you need to either drill out the case you get and insert a grommet or buy the Skeleton Housing and not use it in wet weather. The GoPro Hero2 does not come with a spare skeleton housing, it comes with a skeleton housing door which is just a replacement rear door with some big holes in it. It is designed to improve audio in quieter (and dry) environments.

I'm pretty sure GoPro built the skeleton housing in response to requirements from the car racing and TV production communities who wanted access to the USB port (to power the camera) and HDTV output (for live streaming). Waterproofing probably wasn't a big requirement for these guys.

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
I was having a browse of gopro videos on YouTube and I found this super cool video, even though you can't motovlog in space I think it says something about it's durability! ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAifzh7_-cg[/youtube]

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
That was awesome!

gpzDave said:
even though you can't motovlog in space I think it says something about it's durability! ;)

One day...

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
XXX526 said:
I still find the "fish-eye" lens on the GoPro very annoying.

the new hero 2 thats opitional

u can either record at 170*

130*
or 90*

all the same fps and settings.

XXX526

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Missouri
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
kryten said:
XXX526 said:
kryten said:

Sgtmarkins used a separate audio recorder. In order to use a microphone you with the Replay you have to have an adapter that isn't available yet. They keep saying it will be available soon but they've been saying that for months. If they would get their shit together I would buy one in a heartbeat because they have great color and sharp video that's as good if not a bit better than the GoPro. I would vlog a lot more if I could get a camera that is more convenient to use than the GoPro. I wish they would hurry up and release their microphone adapter.

I received this response back from the Replay's EbaY site today:

Dear .........,
You can use any external mic, it has a standard jack and yes the battery is replaceable .. With regular use you are looking at years of use.
Thanks
- buyreplayxd

Looks like it's a little clearer than mud, maybe. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO