GoPro 3M stickers - What do you use?

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
As the title.. what do you use?

My original gopro stickers didnt keep my gopro in place and made the cam sag if you get me?

Bought a 3M pack off eBay and they have started to do the same.

Its only a Gopro hero4 so plenty must use the mounting hardware with stickers.

Also I let the srickers and mounts fully cure before putting my cam on.

Cheers

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Are you degreasing the place you stick it to beforehand?

Reactions: scottrod

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
I remember reading the instructions on the 3m sticky for my navigation and it said to stick on and let sit for 24 hrs before mounting the camera. I only use the GoPro stickies and have had good luck so far, the cam on the front of my helmet doesn’t move.

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
The area is prepped and I leave it 24 hours.

So annoying. Thanks for the replies anyways guys. Surw I'll sort it out :)

Reactions: HippoDrone

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Wonder if my mounting hardware is too heavy?

Ill take a picture later.. see what you think.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
The design, and mounting system may extend your camera high and away from the base of the adhesive mounting. Once your bike starts to move and build speed the wind may jostle the entire camera. This shaking could eventually vibrate the glue lose.

- Wuf

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
I use 3M Extreme Mounting Tape. It can hold between 20-30 pounds. One thing I did that I think helped was to use a couple zipties to hold pressure over the mount on my chin bar for 12-24 hours.
I had to build up layers and cut weird shapes so the mount would stick on the right way but now that its been squished together its like one solid block.

One thing I did for my mic adapter is I took a lighter to the plastic housing and quickly heated up the surface, for some reason the texture on that badboy makes it impossible for it to stick to 3M Tape.

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
I use 3M Extreme Mounting Tape. It can hold between 20-30 pounds. One thing I did that I think helped was to use a couple zipties to hold pressure over the mount on my chin bar for 12-24 hours.
I had to build up layers and cut weird shapes so the mount would stick on the right way but now that its been squished together its like one solid block.

One thing I did for my mic adapter is I took a lighter to the plastic housing and quickly heated up the surface, for some reason the texture on that badboy makes it impossible for it to stick to 3M Tape.

Thats exactly what I have had to do! Cut shapes out to make it mould to my mounting hardware.

I have applied even pressure for a few minutes then put the helmet on the mounting on the table for 24 hours to help bond it.

I find the camera is starting to sag downwards which is a nightmare! Grrr

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
You can see my mounts on the below pic haha
IMG_20180428_130228.jpg

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
You can see my mounts on the below pic haha

I'm using a similar curved mount, granted I'm using a hero session so its probably alot lighter than yours. I havent had any sagging yet. I did have a instance where the layers came apart overnight, it was right under a vent where it was hanging so I assume the change in temperature did it. Now I only mount the camera when i'm ready to film. It's been about 4 months and no issues yet.

MotoCafe

YouTube/MotoCafeRacer
Aug 9, 2016
Columbus Ohio
I ride a
1971 Honda CB750, 2014 Triumph Thruxton 900
Now I only mount the camera when i'm ready to film. It's been about 4 months and no issues yet.
Good point about only having the camera mounted when you’re using it. If you leave it on there all the time, the weight could make it sag. Plus if you put your helmet down on the camera it could put added pressure on the mount.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CollingsB Camera Setups 11
G Camera Setups 11

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts