Not open for further replies.

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Hi Matt, I hate to be a pain, but would it be possible to place the ads on a separate post just below the first?

I've seen that done on some other forums and it seems a bit less intrusive to me. No worries if you can't.

Neilisin

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2012
Sutton, London, UK
neils.in
I ride a
Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM x 2
MotoRick said:
MysteriousVlogger said:
Thank god I have adblocker!

I do too.

Guys you should not be proud of this fact, you count on coming here writing your opinions, and reading that of others, well someone has to pay for it being here. :)

Offer a donation if you're going to brag about adblockers!

matth1138

inlinetriple.com
Jul 22, 2011
Probably near St. Louis, MO, USA
www.inlinetriple.com
I ride a
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE
gpzDave said:
Hi Matt, I hate to be a pain, but would it be possible to place the ads on a separate post just below the first?

I've seen that done on some other forums and it seems a bit less intrusive to me. No worries if you can't.

I'll look into it. This was the fastest solution, but now that I've got the code, I'll try to be creative with it.

Neilisin said:
MotoRick said:
MysteriousVlogger said:
Thank god I have adblocker!

I do too.

Guys you should not be proud of this fact, you count on coming here writing your opinions, and reading that of others, well someone has to pay for it being here. :)

No worries all around. I also have adblocker. However, unless the site is monetized to some degree, it may not last forever. I'm not (nor do I ever forsee) soliciting donations. However, if one feels led to throw money at me, I'm sure we could come to an agreement.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I'm paying the hosting fees, and Rob still owns the domain name.

-Matt

MysteriousVlogger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Oldham - UK
I ride a
Granny in a dark alley...
matth1138 said:
No worries all around. I also have adblocker. However, unless the site is monetized to some degree, it may not last forever. I'm not (nor do I ever forsee) soliciting donations. However, if one feels led to throw money at me, I'm sure we could come to an agreement.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I'm paying the hosting fees, and Rob still owns the domain name.

-Matt

How much is it costing P/M to run this?

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6

Offer a donation if you're going to brag about adblockers![/quote]

-Matt[/quote]

Why not?

Give me a PayPal link I'll chip in a little. If you had 20 members donate $5 every couple of months I'm sure that would help.

Ps, I cannot live without an adblock plus now :)

Neilisin

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2012
Sutton, London, UK
neils.in
I ride a
Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM x 2
JollyRoger said:
matth1138 said:
Neilisin said:

-Matt

Why not?

Give me a PayPal link I'll chip in a little. If you had 20 members donate $5 every couple of months I'm sure that would help.

Ps, I cannot live without an adblock plus now :)

I use adblock for sites that are just trying to make money out of my visit, however, I value coming here and I would happily contribute a donation if it keeps this site as is.

At the same time I run my own hosting service and I know how much hosting does and doesn't cost, hence why I find it hard to understand why some sites have 800 banners obscuring the content which you came to see. Motovlog.com however is worth $5 donation in my books. :mrgreen:

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
I wonder if there's a way to set up a donation button that is capped? As in it will stop accepting donations at a preset point, most notably the price of the hosting plus whatever transfer fees there are... I don't think you can, but I think that would alleviate a few of Matts concerns.

Stenno

Wannabie Member
Mar 6, 2012
Surbiton, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki SV650/S
Other sites work on donations such as the sv650.org one I also belong too. Not sure if they did anything special but I've seen it on sites like B3ta where if you do donate, the admin allows a comment under the avatar or a special little emoticon under it to show you're a patron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO