Going Ghost

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Had quite a few glitchy issues with my GoPro Hero5, software regularly letting me down, along with the poor battery life and the teletubbyness. So I bought a new Ghost X. So far, happy as a happy thing. Just experimenting with windnoise reduction (at higher speed) for the audio but useability and video is spot on. Selling the GoPro probably gonna get a second Ghost X with the cash so I can clone it and have a rider view too. Certainly got a lot to learn about editing and creating YouTube clips but enjoying it. Enjoying this forum too!

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
What we're the issues you have had with the GoPro Hero 5?

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
So ....... it would freeze and could only be ‘thawed’ by remove and refit of the battery. Couldn’t delete files from the memory card by the touch screen as it again would freeze. Wouldn’t load up the files for viewing on the device. Wouldn’t re-format the SD card so could only do that by taking it out and plugging it in the computer. Constant battle with Bluetooth and wifi connections. Batteries not holding their charge when not even used. Couldn’t use it and charge at the same time. Often it would power down during recording and always when you thought you’d got some awesome footage. Software always up to date. Plus points? Great audio (with the expensive connector you get what you pay for). GPS. The app was good if you got it connected. Robust. Waterproof. When it worked it worked well but it wasn’t cheap so should have been better. No problems so far with the Ghost X apart from no current compatible Application for the iPhone. Seems to be out of date so hopefully that’ll get rectified soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I run the Hero 5 Session as my helmetcam, I love it, runs off a powerbank all day, never had issues with the memory cards... only issue I have had in the past was it refusing to turn off, but I reset it and has been ace since. I don't run the latest firmware on it though as that stops the "Quick Capture" one-touch-record feature from working, I installed an older firmware which has fixed that for me.
I have had similar issues to you on my 5 Black, where it would turn off randomly if running a powerbank to it, I hardly use the 5 Black now though as have a 6 and 7 for the extra angles :)

The Drift is really popular, I like the rotating lens to help with alignment, and the battery life is great from what I have heard too! :)

BillyDaKid

BillyTheMotoKid
Feb 24, 2019
Twin Cities
I ride a
2007 Shadow 750
1983 Shadow 750
2002 Virago 250
2005 Ninja 250
Hey I have seen a lot of post about their being no Iphone App. There is and it works pretty well. Its called "Drift Life" It drastically improves functionality. I run it from my phone mounted on my bars. You can run your phone simultaneously to get decent riding shots of yourself.

Chris_SVS

Now Chris_MT09
Aug 12, 2017
Northern Ireland
I ride a
2015 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
They're an awesome little camera, 5hrs recording on stock battery and 8 with the extended one (I have tested this out, it's legit!)

Reactions: Riderguide

BillyDaKid

BillyTheMotoKid
Feb 24, 2019
Twin Cities
I ride a
2007 Shadow 750
1983 Shadow 750
2002 Virago 250
2005 Ninja 250
I just shot my Utah snowboarding trip and it caught all the gory details of me eating shit on HD. HAHA works great. The mic is top notch as well. Hit me up and I can show you my set up.

Reactions: Riderguide

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts