Not open for further replies.

Gogosor

Wannabie Member
Jul 24, 2011
France
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki Bandit 600S
Extreme road laws, not well thought out...
Hi Guys,

I don't normally post my own videos but I think this one is worthy of note. France is introducing new law in the name of road safety, the problem is most of them are BS. But BS laws have been passed in France & other country's look at the results & sometimes follow. E.G the French bane on Burqas (A burqa is an enveloping outer garment worn by women in some Islamic traditions) France introduced the law, and now Australia is thinking about it, Crack81 may know more "correct me if I'm wrong".

I recently read the suggested laws issued by the French Interministerial Committee For Road Safety, May 2011. To be honest 2 of their ideas were great, but the rest of them had nothing to do with road safety, for car drivers & bikers alike.

These law may be coming to your country soon...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYabKLtUdM4[/youtube]

In French:
http://www.securite-routiere.gouv.fr/IM ... 294da9.pdf

In Google Tanslte:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... rmd%3Divns

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Re: Extreme road laws, not well thought out...

what a joke, glad i dont live in france is all i can say

Gogosor

Wannabie Member
Jul 24, 2011
France
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki Bandit 600S

Chessecake94 said:

It is interesting, but life in France is all good, I don't think some of the suggested laws will be passed. At the end of the day the French biker community is great & the people are great, it is just some guy in the government that is lost.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust

Gogosor said:
Chessecake94 said:

It is interesting, but life in France is all good, I don't think some of the suggested laws will be passed. At the end of the day the French biker community is great & the people are great, it is just some guy in the government that is lost.

Oh right i thought these were laws about to be passed, and yes the French biking community does look excellent

pizzaonaninja

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Behind you
I ride a
Trek 8500

50 kilometre! ça c'est pas bon! ça ne c'est pas constitutionel, c'est une complete violation au droit a la locomotion. (did i do it right?)

at least that's what i think. that speed limit is just...Rubbish! not to mention the 30 we have on some places here, but anyway.
as you pointed out, some make sense, some don't but hey, c'est la vie. i guess you could (and will) find a way to circumvent the law.

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250

im in aus, the burka should be banned

ParisianZee

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Paris, France
www.parisianzee.com
I ride a
2011 BMW F800-R

Sorry to be bumping a relatively old thread but I haven't been here in a while.

Like gogosor, I think those laws are idiotic, but like him also, I do not think they will ever pass.

This time, car drivers are also affected by these proposals, and they too are revolting. The French government makes idiotic laws but, hey, they're French, so as soon as the people starts complaining, they retreat. Yep I'm making fun of my own country and that makes it okay :p

Don't think any less of us French people though. Just ask evilnunmit, houltmac, and Oli333. We're actually a nice bunch of fellows.

Re: the Burqa, my opinion is divided.

- I agree with the fundamentals of the law because in our societies women covering their whole body and faces generally under the threat of a man (because let's be honest, women who voluntarily wear burqas are rare, very rare) is simply extremely wrong.

- However, the law does not mention the "Burqa" itself, otherwise it would have been considered *racist*, it mentions covering the face with any garment whatsoever. And that, I'm for. I mean, if I want to walk around with a red t shirt or a paper bag or anything on my head (or a helmet, for that matter) all day, I should be eternally free to do so, as long as it doesn't hurt anybody (and it doesn't).

Sphynx

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Rochester, Kent
www.sphynx.co.uk
I ride a
CBF600SA-8

At the risk of sending this thread of course, the most hilarious incident which shows that a face covering law is required (even ignoring the recent riots in London) was at an airport.

Two mid-eastern people (apparently from a family, and I don't know which nationality they were) were going through the security gates behind us. To try and skip some of the queue, they'd all jumped into queues for different gates. All of sudden, we heard the man shouting at security in a thick accent, "You - what are you doing with my wife" and starting to protest and push through the people in front of him. A fully covered woman in the next aisle was being led out of the queue and into a private cubicle because the alarms had gone off for something suspicious.

After a few seconds of turmoil, the man finally heard some shouting behind him - his wife, about ten people back and delayed in her queue, shouting 'Osmi! Osmi!' (as far as I could tell, his name) and pointing at her own head.

The guy had not even been able to recognise that it wasn't his own wife being led away. To say that he embarrassed was an understatement, with about five queues of people on either side trying to stifle laughter.

Read in your own conclusions about why the law is a good idea, and any humorous remarks as well - just not here on the boards :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Theodor Members Vlogs 0

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts