Go Pro Lens Settings

SweetTripl

Sweet Triple
Mar 23, 2021
United Kingdom
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple R
So I've recently got another camera and I'm going to have 2 camera angles now. One camera is set up for FPV from my chin mount and the second angle is on my handlebars looking back at myself riding (basically the view my speedo would see of me if it had eyes).

My question is what go pro lens settings are you guys using for each set up option. Is SuperView the best for both? Does Linear or wide work better depending on what angle I'm filming. Currently I'm just using Superview for both, but is there a better mode to use on the Go Pro for each angle?? I'm currently using Hero 9 and Hero 11.

I'm thinking of going and having an experiment with it but would appreciate you guys feedback first.

Thanks,

Adam

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
So I've recently got another camera and I'm going to have 2 camera angles now. One camera is set up for FPV from my chin mount and the second angle is on my handlebars looking back at myself riding (basically the view my speedo would see of me if it had eyes).

My question is what go pro lens settings are you guys using for each set up option. Is SuperView the best for both? Does Linear or wide work better depending on what angle I'm filming. Currently I'm just using Superview for both, but is there a better mode to use on the Go Pro for each angle?? I'm currently using Hero 9 and Hero 11.

I'm thinking of going and having an experiment with it but would appreciate you guys feedback first.

Thanks,

Adam
I 100% recommend going for a ride and trying all the lens settings, so you know what you like.

When I ran the regular lens, I had the helmet cam set up to wide [I don't care for the extra-stretchy SuperView], but I set my handlebar cam to SuperView to catch more of what's going on.

I run Max Lens Mods on my 9/10/12, and my helmet cam is set up in Max Wide, but I recently switched my handlebar cam to Max SuperView - it's less stretchy IMO than the regular lens' version of SuperView, but gives a wider FOV, obviously, so it again catches more of what's going on around me - and my wild hand gestures, LOL.

I highly recommend the Max Lens Mod. You can set it to Horizon Lock on the wider FOV modes and don't have to worry about your footage being level [if that's something you're into, which I am].

-John

Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Facing me is linear unless I am using the 360.

If you are doing speedo point of view shot it would be cool to have semi transparent overlay showing reverse image from inside the speedo. Like audience is trapped.o_O

• Haha
Reactions: Drakhen99

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Superview for me on my helmet cam... then any on bike cameras I tend to go with what feels best after experimenting... each bike is different, so you need to be flexible.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CollingsB Camera Setups 32
G Camera Setups 11

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts