Gopro12/ bluetooth voice control

GravyDavey

Wannabie Member
Jul 16, 2023
I ride a
Moto Guzzi v85tt + Triumph Bonneville T100
Hi all first newbie question .
Got a gopro 12 from santa and enjoying getting into filming/editing but so far not been able to do any live audio .
Got my gopro connected to my sena intercom but unable to use the voice commands or record any commentary. It is definitely connected as the command beeps are coming through the headset and also the voice commands won't work when speaking to the camera directly when the intercom is turned on . Works fine when no intercom connected.
Any ideas/advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks

GravyDavey

Wannabie Member
Jul 16, 2023
I ride a
Hi all first newbie question .
Got a gopro 12 from santa and enjoying getting into filming/editing but so far not been able to do any live audio .
Got my gopro connected to my sena intercom but unable to use the voice commands or record any commentary. It is definitely connected as the command beeps are coming through the headset and also the voice commands won't work when speaking to the camera directly when the intercom is turned on . Works fine when no intercom connected.
Any ideas/advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Just to add mic is definitely working as OK when used for intercom . Not fussed if I can't record and use voice commands at same time as chatting on intercom either , as long as I can do one or the other ..

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
No experience with Gopro, but I know many headsets have multiple device pairing options and treat different types of connections differently. Did you pair the camera to the correct slot and do you have any other devices connected at the same time? Maybe it's not passing your voice to the camera, as the connection is in "dormant" status, waiting signal to come from the device instead?

GravyDavey

Wannabie Member
Jul 16, 2023
I ride a
No experience with Gopro, but I know many headsets have multiple device pairing options and treat different types of connections differently. Did you pair the camera to the correct slot and do you have any other devices connected at the same time? Maybe it's not passing your voice to the camera, as the connection is in "dormant" status, waiting signal to come from the device instead?
Yes I was thinking along those lines myself but have tried all the different ways of connecting to the sena it gives you in the manual . Wondering if I might be better buying a seperate bluetooth mic and try connecting that to the gopro instead .

GravyDavey

Wannabie Member
Jul 16, 2023
I ride a
Hmm have just tried connecting intercom with phone and phone/quik app with camera and voice control and audio recording worked perfectly. Only snag is once you turn screen off on phone you lose connection so not really practical

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Sena says 50S and 50R should definitely be able to control Gopro. Which model do you have?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I have no clue, as it isn't a setup I have tried.

But...

If the Sena has voice commands and the GoPro, maybe the Sena blocks them from working? (I have no idea if it does have voice control, but it could cause a conflict if so).

GravyDavey

Wannabie Member
Jul 16, 2023
I ride a
It is just the cheapest sena the SMH 5 . Definitely connecting just not the microphone ‍

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Is the Voice Control option on your Hero 12 turned on?

You could check it, and try with and without the SENA connected to the camera, to make sure it's the connected device or the camera.

-John

Reactions: R-Rated

GravyDavey

Wannabie Member
Jul 16, 2023
I ride a
Is the Voice Control option on your Hero 12 turned on?

You could check it, and try with and without the SENA connected to the camera, to make sure it's the connected device or the camera.

-John
Yes definitely on John , works fine when not paired to intercom , but won't work at all when paired with it . Think I may have to try a sepeate bluetooth mic .

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Yes definitely on John , works fine when not paired to intercom , but won't work at all when paired with it . Think I may have to try a sepeate bluetooth mic .
Yeah, you might - and I apologize if that was patronizing - I was just trying to cover all the bases.

From what I can see, the SENA 50S and 50C are the compatible models, so perhaps the bluetooth version on your SENA doesn't have whatever it needs to work [although I find that hard to believe, but I've been wrong before].

-John

GravyDavey

Wannabie Member
Jul 16, 2023
I ride a
Yeah, you might - and I apologize if that was patronizing - I was just trying to cover all the bases.

From what I can see, the SENA 50S and 50C are the compatible models, so perhaps the bluetooth version on your SENA doesn't have whatever it needs to work [although I find that hard to believe, but I've been wrong before].

-John
No apology needed John .
Tried it with another intercom I had and I just got the same result , connected but wouldn't let .e use microphone . Got a friend who has a flashier sena than me so I'll try connecting his when I see him . Beyond that I give up 1

Reactions: Drakhen99

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts