Galv here whatsup everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

galv

Wannabie Member
Feb 18, 2013
I ride a
2003 CBR600 RR
Hey guys whats goin on nice to meet ya all and glad to join this community! Recently been riding for about 2 weeks now and love it!

I'm from SoCal and currently a student, bought my bike for commuting. As for my bike it's a 2003 CBR600 RR I love that baby lol. I haven't started v-logging yet but I do have some really important questions as far as my rights when vlogging.

Well, like I said I'm from SoCal and I wanted to know what are my rights as far as if I get pulled over by CHP (California Highway Patrol) and they decide to touch my property such as my GoPro which I am worried about because if they take my camera I'm gonna be really pissed off since I paid alot for it. Obviously I won't be doing any illegal stuff but some cops are just jerkoffs in CA, not all of them of course I'm talking about the exceptions.

The camera I'm using is a GoPro Hero 3 black hopefully soon I can get it and that's me I guess :)

SwitchBiker

Wannabie Member
Jun 23, 2012
USA, California
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer 1215
2011 HD Dyna Fat Bob

galv

Wannabie Member
Feb 18, 2013
I ride a
2003 CBR600 RR
SwitchBiker said:
I do a lot of riding in northern Cali all the way down to the central valley, have yet to be hassled at all with my go pro on my helmet. I have looked through the california vehicle code and cant find anything that says its illegal to have a camera on your helmet and record your ride.

HELMETS
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd12c5a7.htm

MOTORCYCLE codes listed here
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/vc_ ... rivencycle

Hey Switch thanks for taking the time to give me a source and the reference for helmet regs! As for recording the CHP officer, you have to let them know, "hey officer I am recording just to let you know" right? Or am I wrong here or is it just a courtesy thing...

SwitchBiker

Wannabie Member
Jun 23, 2012
USA, California
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer 1215
2011 HD Dyna Fat Bob
I havent been in that situation yet but I think I would just try to use good judgement if asked to turn it off, if the officer seems like he has a bad attitude I would leave it running. As far as I know you do not need to tell him voluntarily that you are recording. your footage (SD card or entire camera un-opened) may become evidence if an illegal act is captured by your camera while you are stopped.

galv

Wannabie Member
Feb 18, 2013
I ride a
2003 CBR600 RR
SwitchBiker said:
I havent been in that situation yet but I think I would just try to use good judgement if asked to turn it off, if the officer seems like he has a bad attitude I would leave it running. As far as I know you do not need to tell him voluntarily that you are recording. your footage (SD card or entire camera un-opened) may become evidence if an illegal act is captured by your camera while you are stopped.

Hm, nice I'd better verify sometime and let my fellow california riders know. I finally took my bike out of my safe zone around the morning (fairly dark conditions but going towards sunrise, no traffic) to the gym, and rode back home around 8 am under low traffic conditions.

I have problems looking through the turn because I feel pressure from cars lol...

Then went I go to stop signs, I try to practice STOP n GO's which i'm terrible at, and I'm hoping if a police officer sees me he can tell I'm a new rider and not pull me over cause I semi-roll through the stop. I can't make that jerking motion happen yet lol.

I went wide during an uphill turn from a stop sign which I was really dissapointed at because I ended up on the double yellow pissed me off because if a car was there that could've been bad.

I still get nervous around traffic and worry about stalling, even though I stalled just once trying to practice a stop and go haha.

galv

Wannabie Member
Feb 18, 2013
I ride a
2003 CBR600 RR
gpzDave said:
Hi Galv and welcome along! :)

Thanks Dave!!! I need to figure out how to make music and an intro video and not sure what kind of mic to get for my GoPro for best sound quality..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts