Front End Noise Caught On Camera

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Harley's are noisy but there are some sounds that really need to be paid attention to. So I kept hearing my bike sing and one dealer missed the problem during a front tire change.

I took it to a second dealer . . .

Be sure to get your bike checked if you hear this.

MotoMisc

Move along, nothing to see here!
Sep 16, 2016
I ride a
Cbr 954, cbr f4 stuntbike, fiddy =)
Harley's are noisy but there are some sounds that really need to be paid attention to. So I kept hearing my bike sing and one dealer missed the problem during a front tire change.

I took it to a second dealer . . .

Be sure to get your bike checked if you hear this.
Wow.. my front bearings once fell out when I removed my front wheel ;) and even that did not sound like yours :eek:
mine sounded like a scraping sound from time to time, almost like some gravel hooked to the tire and slided against the front fender =)

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Hmm.

I wonder this:

If you still are on the sport bike then maybe the inverted forks and/or plastic fender could have absorbed the noise until the bearings got bad as yours got?

On my 2009, there was a front fender bumper. In 2014, they removed the bumper and went to a more trimmed down front fender.

So maybe before the bea rings get too bad they make little vibration that gets converred to noise sooner since there as much to absorb it?

MotoMisc

Move along, nothing to see here!
Sep 16, 2016
I ride a
Cbr 954, cbr f4 stuntbike, fiddy =)
On mine it was no absorbtion, when i saw the damage the ball bearings lose inside the wheel had made it was clear that was where the noise was from =D

Yeah that might be true, sounds like a good explanation to why there is a whining sound.
my new ones whines some too though..but not as yours =o

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Wait so your 2 year old bike needed wheel bearings and your ok with that.

How many miles did it do.

About 22k miles each set.

I am not pleased at all because my 1999 never needed them and it was totaled at 86k miles. However, those bearings had to be disassembled and repacked with grease by hand at every front tire change.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts