First/Beginner Vlogging Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gortzilla3

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
I ride a
Motorhispania RX50
Hey guys, not sure if this question has been asked on the forum yet, but I'll ask it anyway...

I have about £150 at most to spend on a set up and that has to include; the camera, microphone and mount etc...so which camera set up would you recommend? I tried three MD80's and they all broke...so I need something I can rely on at around that budget. I was looking at the drift HD170 stealth but the cheapest I can find it is £179.99, plus I would need to buy the external microphone for it etc...so, any idea's of other possible options? Or should I wait and save for the Drift?

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Have you considered the sony bloggie, and other HD blogging cameras??

Gortzilla3

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
I ride a
Motorhispania RX50
Have you considered the sony bloggie, and other HD blogging cameras??

No, I haven't, but I'll check it out now :) thanks man!

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
I spent a lot of time trying various different cameras, the MD80 and the vado to name a few, and i was never happy, with the drift, i am.

Put it this way, i spent about £230 trying different cameras, just to settle for the drift, so IMO it's far cheaper to save up and get a drift in the first place :)

Gortzilla3

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
I ride a
Motorhispania RX50
I spent a lot of time trying various different cameras, the MD80 and the vado to name a few, and i was never happy, with the drift, i am.

Put it this way, i spent about £230 trying different cameras, just to settle for the drift, so IMO it's far cheaper to save up and get a drift in the first place :)

Thanks Curly, I think I might just do that :)

Gortzilla3

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
I ride a
Motorhispania RX50
drift hd170 stealth (not the newest model) was 125 quid on amazon :)

I know :/ I checked again today, but they had changed it back to £179.99 :/ so annoyed!

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
CurlyBlakey said:
IMO it's far cheaper to save up and get a drift in the first place :)

I would agree with that, you'll save money in the long run and get better quality videos!

Although I will say that the GoPro is worth considering too.

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
http://www.pentagongps.co.uk/drift-hd17 ... 23993.html £155 delivered (when they have them in stock) is the cheapest I can find.
Which ever camera you get, remember you will almost definitely also need an external microphone/extra recording device and an SD card/microSD card or what ever it takes
If you get the drift and want to use it in the rain you should also get the waterproof cap and for other cameras you may need to buy extra mounts. It all adds up :s

Gortzilla3

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
I ride a
Motorhispania RX50
http://www.pentagongps.co.uk/drift-hd17 ... 23993.html £155 delivered (when they have them in stock) is the cheapest I can find.
Which ever camera you get, remember you will almost definitely also need an external microphone/extra recording device and an SD card/microSD card or what ever it takes
If you get the drift and want to use it in the rain you should also get the waterproof cap and for other cameras you may need to buy extra mounts. It all adds up :s

thank you BritishMotovlogger! it looks like I'll be buying the drift then, as soon as it comes in stock! I saw Chessecake94's subject about the drift audio pack

http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/drift-stealth-audiopack#

think I'll buy that aswell and then a SD card and that'll take up abit more than my budget, but I guess I'm thinking in the long run :)

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
Gortzilla3 said:

thank you BritishMotovlogger! it looks like I'll be buying the drift then, as soon as it comes in stock! I saw Chessecake94's subject about the drift audio pack

http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/drift-stealth-audiopack#

think I'll buy that aswell and then a SD card and that'll take up abit more than my budget, but I guess I'm thinking in the long run :)
Not a problem. Unfortunately I cant give advice on any other camera as I have only got experience with the drift
The link looks like a good deal! I think I would get that if I didnt already have the mic, as I want the cap too

ToySoldier

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
dt 125 ntv 650
Yamaha dt125
soon suzuki bandit 400 XD
mrtommygunwhite said:
ToySoldier said:
im pritty sure that's the really old one
Gortzilla3 said:
drift hd170 stealth (not the newest model) was 125 quid on amazon :)

I know :/ I checked again today, but they had changed it back to £179.99 :/ so annoyed!
thats what he wanted

im not sure on the drift models but i think the x170 is 720x480 tops and cant take a in line mic the hd170 is full 1080 and can take a in line mic so its easier to vlog but as i said not sure on the drift models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts