Ever Met A Guy Irl Who Knew Your Motovlog?

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Oh boy, today I finally decided to get out and ride with a guy who watched my motovlogs. He was a nice guy.
quick forward 15 mins, we park and start talking about bikes and all, he's a starter. Another guy on a bike came and parked next to us seeing the two bikes. Another started. Anyways we spoke for like five mins and I told the guy to search for Rider in Red on FB. He was like 'oh the guy that rides and speaks? I saw some of his vids, the one where he filters and says 8insert content stuff*'. Told him it was me, he was like 'omg that's cool stuff, do a video on this topic, on that topic. cooL!"

HOLY MOLY IT FELT GOOOD to actually see how people appreciate your effort. Comments are cool too, but when you meet people who watch your stuff, IRL.... it just feels more ... real?

TL;DR: Met a motorcyclist who knew Rider in Red. Told him it was me. Enjoyed every moment of him saying how he appreciates my content!

"TL;DR" too long, Didn't read: Met a fan. T'was fun

Had any similar instances?

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Nice.

This is why I like to be anonymous. The only way they can piece the puzzle together is if they see the bike / decal / helmet then try to figure out WHO exactly is it, the face behind the helmet/camera. One thing I don't do is ask people to search on YT though. I'm just not big on self-promotion kinda person.

The best one so far was, as I was walking and talking to my friend in a hospital (went there to visit a friend that just had an accident, he's OK), there were a few people in front of us, suddenly one of them turned around, looked at me, and asked, "Are you TheSighBored?", I was caught off guard, mostly because there wasn't any clear way to identify me (no bike, different helmet, no visible logo). When I said yes, his reply was, "I thought your voice sounded familiar.." that was epic. :)

Jafnhaar

Riding Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
I was at a big bike meet (5000+) last Saturday and was chatting with some guys

and they asked about my channel and I mentioned my name and they said they've seen a few of my videos! :)

Was really nice to hear but until I said my name......... nobody knew who i was...

Reactions: SighBored

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
I have no issue with people figuring out who I am. Aaaand there's nothing wrong with a shameless plug. I'd rather tell them in person, then pay Facebook for ads. I do pay them for ads though lol.

your stories are pretty cool, especially Sighbored's, figuring your voice out is something beyond jsut seeing the bike and realizing you, lol

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I've met someone whom is really big in the local magazine and motorcylce review scene, randomly at a traffic light. I only realized who they were as they rode away :(

Great stories everyone, I'd like to hear more!!!

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Not really, friends know I do it.
Once, when I attended a release party for a music album, I mingled and met a dude with whom I discussed a particular forum. When I mentioned my art posts there he legit got starstruck as he realized who I was. Over the years I had made thousands of posts, many with art and doing art favors, so I was one of the main regulars in there. I hope to get the same response from my moto vids one day.

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Not really, friends know I do it.
Once, when I attended a release party for a music album, I mingled and met a dude with whom I discussed a particular forum. When I mentioned my art posts there he legit got starstruck as he realized who I was. Over the years I had made thousands of posts, many with art and doing art favors, so I was one of the main regulars in there. I hope to get the same response from my moto vids one day.
sweet!

I think I have a chance of becoming a big vlogger here, since I do it in the local language and nobody else odes iton the motorcycle. I get it that eventually people will awnt to try to do something similar here, but so far i'm the first one and I'll keep the veteran status :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tojjer29 General Discussion 6
HippoDrone General Discussion 20

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts