Drift Stealth 2 External Microphone Mod.

Viscount

Wannabie Member
Mar 24, 2015
UK
I ride a
Kawasaki GTR1400. And many others
Hi all,

So I bought a stealth 2 for the knock down price of £99. Very pleased with the size of the camera and the video quality. Unfortunately I didn't realise you couldn't attach an external mic which is a bit of an issue. Well after trawling about on the interweb I found a link to a youtube vid which shows you how to add an external mic. It you have no external mic connected you get no audio whatsoever. The new mic uses the wiring for the internal mic.. I followed this vid and it works fine...

cheers

V

TheSeacat

Wannabie Member
Feb 17, 2016
I ride a
2003 Honda CBR600RR
Nice! Ya I have a stealth 2 also and the no mic is the only downside. Great little cheap camera otherwise!

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Glad they've dropped in price, the original £200 was ridiculous.

Reactions: dandoolittle

Viscount

Wannabie Member
Mar 24, 2015
UK
I ride a
image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
My camera mounted on skid lid.

There's no way I'd have paid £200. Hard pushed to pay£99
V

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
I think £99 isn't bad for what it is. It's now aligned with the baby Hero, and is a touch more than an SJ4000, but better quality and possibly the best priced camera in this form factor.

Mavz3

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2016
I ride a
HD Sporster Iron Honda CBR600F6
Hello Viscount

I have done this, did you have any trouble with which mic to use. I can now record sound but only from my PC headphone out or phone jack etc but not from simple mic.

Marbro_za

Dan's princess
Mar 13, 2014
I ride a
Yamaha fz6
Did this with the first Gopro i had...

Really pissed that i did. Ruined the cam, never got decent audio either.

Viscount

Wannabie Member
Mar 24, 2015
UK
I ride a
Hello Viscount

I have done this, did you have any trouble with which mic to use. I can now record sound but only from my PC headphone out or phone jack etc but not from simple mic.

Not really any problems. I have one mic that works fine but another which won't record anything at all. I'd try reversing the two wires and see if that helps.

V

Mavz3

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2016
I ride a
Not really any problems. I have one mic that works fine but another which won't record anything at all. I'd try reversing the two wires and see if that helps.

V
Thanks, what type of mic worked for you.
Thank you for your help.

Viscount

Wannabie Member
Mar 24, 2015
UK
I ride a
From memory I seem to remember making one now. I used the drift app on my iPhone to have a live feed from the camera first. I cut the wire on the mic and played about with the wires until I got sound through the app. Soldered and heatshrink to finish. Seemed the easiest way to do it.

v

Mavz3

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2016
I ride a
From memory I seem to remember making one now. I used the drift app on my iPhone to have a live feed from the camera first. I cut the wire on the mic and played about with the wires until I got sound through the app. Soldered and heatshrink to finish. Seemed the easiest way to do it.

v
Thanks, I have be playing with one but had not thought of using app to listen.
Cheers

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts