Drift...So Close But Yet So Far

Would you have half the battery life instead and 60fps or full battery at 30fps?

• Total voters

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
Honestly if your not using the camera for sound there are some really good Chinese cameras that do excellent 1080p 60fps for under $100 and can be gotten on Amazon or Wish easily. I have 2 that are real good at taking videos. Not sure about customs fees and all where your at.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
For me, I'd have to import the Drift cameras. Making the X considerably more expensive than anything comparable. I really hope their next camera is good, they really need to make an improvement.

Yeah, and they are losing out with the new DJ camera.
And if the specs of the rumour of the new GoPro are true, then they really get it difficult.

I like the rotatable lens and the fact that the camera isn't a square.
But they removed the audio output, which is a miss.
Or changed the wide-angle, which is a miss.

They do need to step up their game a bit, if they want to stay in the top to medium sector.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Yeah, and they are losing out with the new DJ camera.
And if the specs of the rumour of the new GoPro are true, then they really get it difficult.

I like the rotatable lens and the fact that the camera isn't a square.
But they removed the audio output, which is a miss.
Or changed the wide-angle, which is a miss.

They do need to step up their game a bit, if they want to stay in the top to medium sector.

They've nailed the mounting for me. Part of the reason I picked the S up. I can't say that I notice the FOV on the channels that use it the X, XL or 4K. But they really do need to pull their finger out

• Haha
Reactions: RideOnTwo

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
They've nailed the mounting for me. Part of the reason I picked the S up. I can't say that I notice the FOV on the channels that use it the X, XL or 4K. But they really do need to pull their finger out

The mounting and turning lens is why my main camera is still a old Drift 1080p xD
Thing belongs in a museum nowaday xD

3strikes

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2019
I ride a
BMW K1200rs
How you going with it?
So up until now its been a good investment. I have been trying out the different functions and have installed a USB port on my bars so use the supplied power cable giving me dashcam mode set on 5minute bites. Very handy with all the inattentive drivers round town. I have the bit rate set high atm so get a crisper image and have been varying the other settings to maximise the performance based on lighting conditions and time of day. Handy tip if your thinking of buying is to look for discount code online. I saved 10% on retail.

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
So up until now its been a good investment. I have been trying out the different functions and have installed a USB port on my bars so use the supplied power cable giving me dashcam mode set on 5minute bites. Very handy with all the inattentive drivers round town. I have the bit rate set high atm so get a crisper image and have been varying the other settings to maximise the performance based on lighting conditions and time of day. Handy tip if your thinking of buying is to look for discount code online. I saved 10% on retail.
NICE ONE! I've so far (until I read this) only seen complaints about the XL. I've got two X's and had a slight issue with WiFi connection one one and it was swapped by the supplier with the very quick customer service I received. Other than that they've been good. Got both after selling my GoPro which was just a constant headache. I'm tempted by the XL for waterproofing, just waiting for the initial glitches to get ironed out.

Reactions: WheelyPerd

3strikes

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2019
I ride a
BMW K1200rs
NICE ONE! I've so far (until I read this) only seen complaints about the XL. I've got two X's and had a slight issue with WiFi connection one one and it was swapped by the supplier with the very quick customer service I received. Other than that they've been good. Got both after selling my GoPro which was just a constant headache. I'm tempted by the XL for waterproofing, just waiting for the initial glitches to get ironed out.
Ive had mine about a month and have had no issues with the camera. I use the Drift Life app which did crash but there has been an Android fix so a quick reinstall sorted that.

Reactions: Riderguide

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts