Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
So I have been using a Drift Ghost S with a curved mount for the past 5 months stuck on the side of my helmet. However it didn't grab the helmet 100% but it never moved until I came of on ice. So I replaced the mount with another one from Drift and it didn't stick properly and the thing came off. I had another flat mount and mounted a flat mount and mounted it differently. This has appeared to stuck great.

However I much prefer the clip on system that my Scala Rider Qz uses. Now I have on old intercom that uses a similar clip. Now I'm thinking of sticking the Drift mount to the clip. Howver thinking of ways to do it, I've come up with a few ideas. Which one do you think would be better?

1. Super glue
  2. Double sided tape
  3. Surgu
  4. Velcro
  5. Screw
Drift Mount + Clip.jpg

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Use a double pad of tape. Don’t pierce the shell, and don’t ise superglue as both can compromise the integrity of the helmet.

Reactions: R-Rated

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
Use a double pad of tape. Don’t pierce the shell, and don’t ise superglue as both can compromise the integrity of the helmet.

I may have not worded it great what im doing is mounting the mout to clip and then putting the clip of the helemet. The clip pinches the side in the shell.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I may have not worded it great what im doing is mounting the mout to clip and then putting the clip of the helemet. The clip pinches the side in the shell.

Clipping to the shell may shift when bumped. If that is not a problem then go for it. However even the best clips shift just when you need to capture that barfight with you beating 20 other guys.
:eek:

I would go with the double sided automotive grade tape for the mount. Even if you need to check it once every few months for drying out, at least you will have it secure.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
Clipping to the shell may shift when bumped. If that is not a problem then go for it. However even the best clips shift just when you need to capture that barfight with you beating 20 other guys.
:eek:

I would go with the double sided automotive grade tape for the mount. Even if you need to check it once every few months for drying out, at least you will have it secure.

My Scala rider hasn't bugged and I've tried pushing it hard and it wouldn't move. I doubt the double sided tape would move actually. Thats pretty much how most of the action camera mounts use

Reactions: R-Rated

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
I found an 3m pad from my SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi and Ive used that. Whilst it seems strong enough. I'm wanting to put something else there. Any ideas without pulling it apart

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts