Not open for further replies.

ElliotReidMD

Wannabie Member
Aug 6, 2011
Bucks, UK
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys
Hello guys and gals

I bought a second helmet mount for my Drift so I could use it on my main helmet as well as my "spare" helmet (in "" because I have been using it more than my main lately not that you're interested so I'll shut up about it now). The only place I can really put it is on top and am happy to do so for a different angle. My question is, to those of you who have done so, what sort of angle (pointing upwards, straight, downwards) do you have it mounted on top of your helmet?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Pete

10feetup

Wannabie Member
Nov 12, 2011
Ayr, Scotland
I ride a
Suzuki GSX600F
Do you plan to use the sticky mount or velcro?

I've used velcro for the second mount on mine.

I used the 2 of the Drift velcro strips, this allows me to move the camera forward and back to capture many angles, ie facing to the rear pointing down at the back of the bike or straight out and everything in between, or facing forward aiming at the speedo or at the sky, again everything in between

This is it mounted to show what im seeing

DSCF2435.jpg

and this is the velcro strips

DSCF2433.jpg

ElliotReidMD

Wannabie Member
Aug 6, 2011
Bucks, UK
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys
Right I have the Velcro stuck to the top of my helmet, I shouldn't have been naked whilst attempting this tbh, and I shall pop out tomorrow and test the angle.

Once again, now I'm going to use a freshly stuck on mount, I am paranoid about it falling off :D

10feetup

Wannabie Member
Nov 12, 2011
Ayr, Scotland
I ride a
Suzuki GSX600F
ElliotReidMD said:
Right I have the Velcro stuck to the top of my helmet, I shouldn't have been naked whilst attempting this tbh, and I shall pop out tomorrow and test the angle.

Once again, now I'm going to use a freshly stuck on mount, I am paranoid about it falling off :D

you stuck the velcro on the wrong helmet dude...........

haha, have a look for my cam set up video on here, ive got a length of para cord on 2 clips for a bit of security on the cam

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Look through Chuckles85 videos' hes got a 'security' clip for his drift and looks very tidy.

ElliotReidMD

Wannabie Member
Aug 6, 2011
Bucks, UK
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys
I'm happy with my placement and the mount was secure enough. The only thing not quite right was the rotation of the lense as looking at the video I shot today, it was very slightly angled. Once I'd noticed it I had to Mae to adjustment even though it was minuscule as it started to annoy me.

Cheers for that 10feetup.

Chrus600

Wannabie Member
Aug 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6S Diversion
I bought some sticky back white velcro from Homebase for my old MD80, so rather than use the unsightly black stuff on my beautiful white helmet I put two parallel strips on top with a bit of leeway for error. Managed to get it pretty much spot on first time but having that little extra does no harm, I still have a gigantic black camera strapped to my head so the logic of minimising the visual impact kinda got screwed over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts