Drift Ghost question re mic and the App

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Drift users .... I just got the X & am experimenting. Does anyone know if the built in microphones underneath are totally turned off if an external is plugged in with the USB connection? confronting this wind noise head on. There’s WIFI also but appears no current App for phone connection, can anyone throw any light on that? Seems there was one but not now!?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I believe the external mic will completely override the built in mic else there is not much point in it.

Reactions: Riderguide

BillyDaKid

BillyTheMotoKid
Feb 24, 2019
Twin Cities
I ride a
2007 Shadow 750
1983 Shadow 750
2002 Virago 250
2005 Ninja 250
I run the Ghost X for a lot of my vlogging. The Mic does shut down entirely when a USB is plugged in. Their app program, while not as good as GoPro is available. "Drift Life" is the one your looking for. Once you get that it will open up a whole new world of settings and operational value. Let me know if you have any accessory questions. This can be a bit tricky to navigate on what you need exactly.

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I run the Ghost X for a lot of my vlogging. The Mic does shut down entirely when a USB is plugged in. Their app program, while not as good as GoPro is available. "Drift Life" is the one your looking for. Once you get that it will open up a whole new world of settings and operational value. Let me know if you have any accessory questions. This can be a bit tricky to navigate on what you need exactly.
Cheers mate. Yeh that’s helpful. Was confusing as the App doesn’t list the Ghost X until you download and open it. Happy days. Much easier to set up the view angle etc.

Reactions: BillyDaKid

Chris_SVS

Now Chris_MT09
Aug 12, 2017
Northern Ireland
I ride a
2015 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
As above the mini-usb adapter turns the mic off.. I went a step further and disabled it internally with a pair of wire cutters :D

Haven't done it with my #2 X in case I ever need to replace my helmet mounted 4K o_O

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts