Does size matter? No that I got your attention, read and give your thoughts.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
So, does this viewer have a valid point or should we include fitment in our bike reviews . . .

By the way, I really have not seen any sale at any dealer (including my own) have a tech standing by with the tools to adjust or swap out parts. Have never seen it done. Not just Harley dealers but also European and Asian brands.

So to me, size does matter for the viewer.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I can only assume that although this chap may not have a hair bun or huge beard, that he possibly earns a darnsite mre than the average Joe who buys a real bike and goes by list price rather than asking how much it costs after all the mods are added and spanner time priced up.... maybe he could afford a tattoo of Mario or Donkey Kong had he not had his "oof the shelf" motorcycle tailored to fit him and his laydee

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I can only assume that although this chap may not have a hair bun or huge beard, that he possibly earns a darnsite mre than the average Joe who buys a real bike and goes by list price rather than asking how much it costs after all the mods are added and spanner time priced up.... maybe he could afford a tattoo of Mario or Donkey Kong had he not had his "oof the shelf" motorcycle tailored to fit him and his laydee

I think your assessment might be spot-on.

So would you say sizing a bike as far as fit in a review is an important thing to those of us who cannot plop down the wads of cash for a custom fit bike?

Also, I found this and thought you all might enjoy it . . . I remember first hearing it in the 1990's:

Yes, I have heated grips so that last part is NOT TRUE.

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
Yea I have them too but they come on all BMW's. They have come in handy even if I told my buddy I would never use those damn things. I'm going to get some chips for a few peeps at the local dealer tomorrow I'll ask if they customize the bikes

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Yea I have them too but they come on all BMW's. They have come in handy even if I told my buddy I would never use those damn things. I'm going to get some chips for a few peeps at the local dealer tomorrow I'll ask if they customize the bikes

Not just customize but custom fit a stock bike. Plus at what cost?

I am a poor RUB type myself and have to buy off the rack like @HippoDrone says.

So do you think we should include fitting in our reviews?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
You could maybe include it in the pricing options if it is available! If you include them and also ensure you state your inseam and height too.

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Eh? This is the whole "omg I know so much about bikes, I heard it from my friend who heard it from a friend who's cousin's father in law is a REAL rider". I bet he never rode a bike in real life anyways.

This also reminds me of this one time a guy asked me if the bike I was sitting on was an R1. I said yes and he goes "dude, you know that bike is too fast right?"

To which I answered "yep, I would know. I'm freaking riding the thing right now"

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
It is probably quick work to position handlebars to fit a blow up doll.

And no, I have never heard of or been to a dealer that would adjust any bike to fit any person on the dealer floor. There are short people who will just never be able to sit on say a BMW R1200 GS ADV with a seat height of 35 in. (89ish cm) or even an Ultra Limited that has a seat height of 29 in (74ish cm) with either feet on the ground no matter what the dealer does.

Then there is the fact that some people like me listen to reviews to see what I won't have to change to make it comfortable for me to ride!

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Special Edition
ALWAYS talk about fitment. His dealer may have done so but not every dealer does. And as your vlogs are in english people all over the world will watch it. So it may be a custom to custom fit your bike to you at the dealer. But here in holland that may not be the case. So then i'd like to know your height to compare your comfort to for example how it would be if i sat on the same bike.

• Love

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
Local dealer was not very cooperative. They only sell harleys and they know I don't ride them. Sorry, they unfortunately knew I wasn't asking for interest in buying, told me to send my friend down and they will take care of him lol. Wouldn't send a monkey to that shit show.

• Haha

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Local dealer was not very cooperative. They only sell harleys and they know I don't ride them. Sorry, they unfortunately knew I wasn't asking for interest in buying, told me to send my friend down and they will take care of him lol. Wouldn't send a monkey to that shit show.

Well, that answers the question at least as far as they are concerned.

Arctic Pride

L Plate Member
Mar 3, 2014
I ride a
lot of different things
Why sizing on a bicycle is considered basic setup and on a moto is considered modification is beyond me.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I really wish all bikes could be made to fit each user, but when performance and weight reduction are on the Top Trump of stats, it is no wonder that it plays second fiddle.I really love that the Triumph Bobber has an adjustable seat, as do a few other bikes. I currently ride the 765R low ride height version, and it is awesome, but I was never told about the handling issues at the point of sale (which are not issue in real world riding, just on track).

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
I agree with Arctic Pride, when you buy a motorcycle sizing isn't just can you touch the ground. Has anyone had a new bike adjusted for their weight at the dealer upon purchase? I know how to do this myself because I ride/race Motocross bikes for fun. That being said, all motorcycles perform better when the suspension is set to your weight, unless you have an old harley that has suspension in the seat it probably is not set properly. This too could have a big difference on comfort (too stiff) or handling (too soft) if not right.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
The KTM Enduro bikes I've owned had sections in the manuals about suspension settings and providing you fell between the set weight of rider the springs could deal with they offered settings that you could set up. Be ace if that was done on New Bike Day by the dealership, even if it had to be adjusted once 1000 miles had been completed!

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
The KTM Enduro bikes I've owned had sections in the manuals about suspension settings and providing you fell between the set weight of rider the springs could deal with they offered settings that you could set up. Be ace if that was done on New Bike Day by the dealership, even if it had to be adjusted once 1000 miles had been completed!
I so agree, I spent 15k on my BMW but I had to set it up, mind you I didn't ask either. It doesn't take long but you can't do it alone, at least not properly. So hoping the weather holds out, going to the track Sunday for some much needed off road shenanigans!

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
So I listen to a podcast called Motorcycles and Misfits, which is fantastic if you like motorbikes, and remembered one of their frequent guests is a woman who rides competitively on adventure bikes. She recently competeted in for the GS Trophy and is only 5 foot 1 inches. No amount of tinkering/tailoring will make the R 1200 GS lower for her to ride easier, she adapted. Here is an article on her with some pics showing how she does it.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts