Do you refer to your bike as male or female?

Is your bike a "she" or a "he"? If you have more than one bike, then select for the majority.

• Male

• Female

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Most of my vehicles have been personified as women i.e. Michelle and Bonnie Bella Dyna the Harley's. My wife also personified the Suzuki as a woman, Sora. My truck was Allison, but my Taurus is as androgynous as they come and still have no name after years of having the thing.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I chose female, though that is not linguistically accurate. In our (very progressive) language, we do not have genders when referring to "it" or "he\she", as many other languages have. However when I think of my bike, I think of it more as of feminine being than of a thing.

NethSchot

Wannabie Member
Apr 12, 2022
I ride a
Yamaha X-Max 300
My first Aprilia scooter had a PO58 number plate which somewhat spelled Posby. It was also small, white and its exhaust note was Meeeeeeehhhh so it became Posby the Racing Sheep. Probably female, but I'm not in the habit of lifting sheep bottoms. Never rode to Wales either.. Since then the Honda was called Pez and it was a dude, there was a Yamaha that I referred to by the name of Useless POS and worse swear words usually directed at men, and another Aprilia. SportCity Cube so obviously Kryton or smeghead.

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
It depends. My current FJ09 is Scarlett. My old FJR was Chuck. Scarlett is the sexy red head who likes to be tossed around. Chuck was the chubby reliable old friend who liked a bit of shenanigans once in a while, usually after a pint or several. You could even toss in the cheap swill in his tank, and he was happy for it.

My last VFR800 was Mistress Minx. A looked, a growler, and capable of one wild ride.

My Ducati 1098 was Mistress Antoinette. High class, high maintenance, and pure torture to own, right up until she took you for a ride. Then all was forgiven.

Apr 6, 2018
From a strictly linguistic perspective, in two of my three languages it's feminine, in one of them (english) we don't have masculine or feminine nouns.

From a more personal perspective, I find them attractive as fuck, touch them, straddle them, and make them scream, convulse, and thrash in ways I've only done with women. My motorcycles are definitely women.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I picked male before I noticed you had a "neither" option up there, but my truthful pick is neither. I don't think of any of my vehicles as either male or female, not sure why but I never have.

Skipshift

Perpetual Rookie
Aug 23, 2021
Arkansas, USA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2012 gsxr 600
All of my former bikes were thought of as female, and named that way also. My current bikes are Rat Trap ('82 Honda CB450) and Blue ('19 Yamaha MT09). I just refer to them by name.
Rat trap is a rat bobber of sorts, and was already named by it's previous owner.
The MT09 is named Blue after the velociraptor from the last few Jurassic Park movies. It's a bit twitchy and psychotic in nature, so I think the name fits :oops:

• Love
Reactions: R-Rated

AlanSmith7

Wannabie Member
Aug 17, 2020
I ride a
Suzuki Hayabusa
Harley Davidson Dyna Fatbob
It doesn’t matter whether it's him or her. But I cast vote for She because I think most vehicles were referred to as female. I also referred to my motorcycle as she.

TallADVer

Compulsive Hobbyist
Apr 13, 2023
Maryland
I ride a
2017 Honda CRF1000L (Africa Twin DCT)
I've used the term "she" to describe bikes on occasion, but it has never felt natural. I'll do it in some conversational contexts, but for me, the only natural pronoun for any motor vehicle is "it". I've also never named a vehicle.

If when and if I ever buy a sailboat, otoh, I'm sure I'd bow to tradition and give her a name. Yeah, consistency ain't my strong suit...

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts