Do You Process Your Audio To Clean It Up?

2WDutch

Wannabie Member
Jul 28, 2017
Netherlands
I ride a
Kawasaki Z1000
I'm new her and at the moment i don't have a mic connected to my Gopro, i have ordered a set from China, i don't think it Will be good quality but i would give it a try, when i recieved it i will share my thoughts about it

2WDutch

Wannabie Member
Jul 28, 2017
Netherlands
I ride a
Kawasaki Z1000
I'm not sure superballs if your question is relay to my latest post.

My camera is a Gopro silver 4,
The mic i have ordered is a mini estudio speech mic (in other words, a cheap ass China thing) it Will arrive in a couple of days.
I have already the connector from usb to 3.5 jack.

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
I was thinking of trying my setup with the recording lowered to "low" setting just to avoid the odd clip here and there and the increasing the gain if need be. My only worry comes from signal to noise ratio.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that a lot of the noise we get isn't wiND directly hitting the mic but wind noise on the helmet surface being transferred to the mic from the helmet.

Cheek pad setups and my setup alike will be very susceptible to this as the mic is pressed against the shell of the helmet.

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
yup, I leave my mic head not touching anything as best I can. My bike is noisy though so that may be drowning out any wind noise. When I run with my GoPro Hero 5 Session as a bike mounted camera I do get a bit of a whistle from it but not much comes through over the noise of the bike and that is located without any foam or fur over it's mics on the very front of the bike so I think you are right to believe the noise is not wind noise as such, but the noise of wind on your helmet.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
yup, I leave my mic head not touching anything as best I can. My bike is noisy though so that may be drowning out any wind noise. When I run with my GoPro Hero 5 Session as a bike mounted camera I do get a bit of a whistle from it but not much comes through over the noise of the bike and that is located without any foam or fur over it's mics on the very front of the bike so I think you are right to believe the noise is not wind noise as such, but the noise of wind on your helmet.

I've had a similar experience, my visor caused a whistling noise on my footage. Was easy to fix, but took me days of hunting the noise down. It was caused by my visor not sealing perfectly against the helmet.

Last edited:

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi

I'm going to look into a thin pad of foam to stick to my chin bar but I need to be careful as I'm now working with limited space. Having my mic almost literally shoved into my mouth isn't exactly ideal either

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts