do you find yourself disappointed with your video's

AndrewF

The Broke Petrol Head
Jul 10, 2020
Cork, Ireland
I ride a
2007 Suzuki V-Strom dl650
hey guys so my latest video went live this morning... during filming and editing I was so happy and felt it was my best yet but watching again last night before posting all I could think was " could have been better "

Does this happen to you ??

Fool Moon

Wannabie Member
Jun 25, 2020
Northridge, California
I ride a
2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT
Yes, when i ride I feel i'm getting great footage and the video will show how great it is where i'm riding. When i go over the footage for a while after, every turn looks the same, the scenery seems a bit duller. I've worked with this by adding more camera mounts to get different angles and shots. I'm also adding more elements off the bike and including my wife and I more as subjects as well. Then editing the order of the shots and the overall flow of the video can become something that i go back and forth on too.

The upside to this nagging issue, is that you will find the footage you'd like to see and how to show the rest of the non riding world what it going on.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Creators are more critical than the average viewer. Sometimes when we’re editing we get preoccupied with a shot, or an edited sequence that it’s hard to be objective on the video overall. Later, when we watch it again, that preoccupation may be gone and we see our video in a different light. That’s okay. How we see our work and how other see it aren’t probably on the same page.

-Wolf

Reactions: whingnut

TheAbGarag

Wannabe YouTuber
Jul 17, 2020
Indiana
I ride a
2018 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic
All the time....it’s either the topic, the editing, the thumbnail, the sound, the lighting, my voice....there’s always something I feel like I could’ve done better just have to try and remember that for next time and improve little by little.

TBRD

Throttle Back Rubber Down
Jul 9, 2020
I ride a
2020 BMW S1000XR
I’m new but I definitely have an issue with my thumbnails. What does everyone use to make their thumbnails?

AndrewF

The Broke Petrol Head
Jul 10, 2020
Cork, Ireland
I ride a
All the time....it’s either the topic, the editing, the thumbnail, the sound, the lighting, my voice....there’s always something I feel like I could’ve done better just have to try and remember that for next time and improve little by little.

ya suppose it gives us something to work on and keeps us moving forward and trying to improve. things I am not happy with in editing can be improved on for next posting but when you have footage for next 3 video's already recorded and the element you are not happy with needs changes to the way you record the improvement is a bit further away

Reactions: TheAbGarag

TheAbGarag

Wannabe YouTuber
Jul 17, 2020
Indiana
I ride a
2018 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic
I’m new but I definitely have an issue with my thumbnails. What does everyone use to make their thumbnails?

I used to use canva but have been using picmaker lately it’s definitely easier. I’d like to get away from the freebies online and start using the photo editor that came with my laptop just because I think that would be a better skill to have.

Reactions: TBRD

AndrewF

The Broke Petrol Head
Jul 10, 2020
Cork, Ireland
I ride a

ive started making my thumbnails in filmora were i do my editing, works well as you can use elements and over lays then screen shot the section you want as a still thumb nail

AndrewF

The Broke Petrol Head
Jul 10, 2020
Cork, Ireland
I ride a
Creators are more critical than the average viewer. Sometimes when we’re editing we get preoccupied with a shot, or an edited sequence that it’s hard to be objective on the video overall. Later, when we watch it again, that preoccupation may be gone and we see our video in a different light. That’s okay. How we see our work and how other see it aren’t probably on the same page.

-Wolf

Guess its like when you 1st heard your own voicemail recording - " my god do I sound like that "

TBRD

Jul 9, 2020
I ride a
2020 BMW S1000XR
ive started making my thumbnails in filmora were i do my editing, works well as you can use elements and over lays then screen shot the section you want as a still thumb nail
My first attempt was with filmora but I didn’t like the text options. I will have to play with it more.

whingnut

Squidbilly
Jul 29, 2016
Virginia beach VA
I ride a
2008 KLR 650 modified for TAT
i use filmora i have made a few templates and saved them. but i will be honest i have gimp on my PC too and never even thought to make my thumbnail that way. thanks for the tip @HippoDrone !

Reactions: HippoDrone

TBRD

Jul 9, 2020
I ride a
2020 BMW S1000XR
i use filmora i have made a few templates and saved them. but i will be honest i have gimp on my PC too and never even thought to make my thumbnail that way. thanks for the tip @HippoDrone !

I tried Filmora for my next two videos which were really supposed to be one in-depth review of my bike but it was way too long so I did it as a walk around and a ride review.

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
I might get some criticism and laughed at for this, but I actually use Powerpoint to make my thumbnails. Powerpoint is preinstalled, I have it on ALL my machines and it has all the tools I need, plus some new fonts that I downloaded.

I think Powerpoint is under-rated. Its just a tiny thumbnail. Plus, I save all my old thumbnails on previous slides and just format paste on anything I want to reuse.

Its even got crude photo editing software in-built.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Always, and always, let a video rest after rendering.
Give it an hour or 2, or even better, sleep over it.

And rewatch your own product. Often it is good.
But sometimes you can improve, see points were it wandered off or where the tempo of the vlog chances.
Go back to the edit, fix it and upload that ;)

Actually did a vlog partially about that, filmed it this morning xD

Reactions: YBGuy and Fool Moon

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
I find myself disappointed with all of my videos, but thats because 1) i hate the sound of my own voice 2) im very critical of myself and frequently have a low self esteem and 3) always strive to do better. That being said, I am happy I make the effort, produce videos, and do my best. I find pride in that.

Reactions: YBGuy and Daryl

TMackie

Up Shift Freak
Jun 12, 2020
Alberta , Canada
I ride a
Victory Vision 8 Ball , Indian Chieftain
I have a tough time appreciating most things that I do and my moto-vlogging is no different. I am getting better and I too see my flaws as a opportunity to improve. I find it hard to believe that people could be interested in my POV, but I do it for myself and that's what matters. I enjoy getting likes, but if I don't then I know it's not the end of the world.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts