tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
Hi all,

Is there a dead cat available for the media mod or is it a case of making one myself?

The factory sponge one was broken when the camera fell off my bike landing a bad wheelie haha

Thanks in advance

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I haven't seen one, and I haven't seen GoPro selling them piecemeal either... maybe reach out to their customer support? Also, I don't recommend riding with it on, unless you're using the Media Mod's mic for audio, which I've found has a LOT of wind noise in it.

I bet you can buy foam and glue it on after peeling the OEM stuff off though, unless you broke the plastic, in which case you'll need CA glue or something to fix it.

-John

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
I haven't seen one, and I haven't seen GoPro selling them piecemeal either... maybe reach out to their customer support? Also, I don't recommend riding with it on, unless you're using the Media Mod's mic for audio, which I've found has a LOT of wind noise in it.

I bet you can buy foam and glue it on after peeling the OEM stuff off though, unless you broke the plastic, in which case you'll need CA glue or something to fix it.

-John

Yeah I broke the plastic frame and tore the foam too. I only want to use it on the back seat facing forwards for MotoGP style, so the mic will get quite a bit of protection from my body....

May be worth resin'ing the plastic frame back together and buying some dead cat material and trying it out...

Reactions: Drakhen99

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
Thanks for that link. I'll give it a go next weekend. Just trying to find some dead cats locally. Tried the park but the birds had already got to them...poor kitties.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Thanks for that link. I'll give it a go next weekend. Just trying to find some dead cats locally. Tried the park but the birds had already got to them...poor kitties.

Have you tried your local artisanal Road Kill Cafe? They franchise locally in all cities, usually found in suburban areas.

-John

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
Since you are placing the camera there, how about running a corded mic under the seat where there is no noise. It would probably pick up engine and exhaust sounds just fine.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts